Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Organizing 5-6 Meals Per Day On MFP

For those of you eating 5-6 small meals a day (keeps body in anabolic state and helps metabolism work throughout the day), how do you organize your meals on MFP?

What I do: Breakfast, Snack 1, Lunch, Snack 2, Dinner, Snack 3.
Breakfast - 300-400 calories.
Snack 1 - Something like grapes or peanuts around 100-200 calories.
Lunch - 300-400 calories
Snack 2 - Whey Protein Isolate after working out and tablespoon of peanut butter (250 calories)
Dinner - Usually around 550-700 calories
Snack 3 - Optional, usually yogurt or something small again like peanuts around 100-250 calories depending on how much I need to reach my goal.

Replies

• I don't do them as separate meals, I named one All Day and I just track my food in a list only under the All Day meal, it's the way I found to get around it
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Under My Home - go to settings and then diary settings and you can add in a few more meal categories. You can label them just as you have them listed in your post.
  • EricDe90x
    EricDe90x Posts: 51
    Under My Home - go to settings and then diary settings and you can add in a few more meal categories. You can label them just as you have them listed in your post.
    Yeah, that's what I did. I'm curious as to how other people organize them.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    For those of you eating 5-6 small meals a day (keeps body in anabolic state and helps metabolism work throughout the day), how do you organize your meals on MFP?

What I do: Breakfast, Snack 1, Lunch, Snack 2, Dinner, Snack 3.
    Breakfast - 300-400 calories.
    Snack 1 - Something like grapes or peanuts around 100-200 calories.
    Lunch - 300-400 calories
    Snack 2 - Whey Protein Isolate after working out and tablespoon of peanut butter (250 calories)
    Dinner - Usually around 550-700 calories
    Snack 3 - Optional, usually yogurt or something small again like peanuts around 100-250 calories depending on how much I need to reach my goal.

^^ This ^^
    I just arrange the calories a little differently.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    I eat 5-6 times a day (whether it be for the benefits or not, I have to because of a 3-4 oz stomach capacity)

Breakfast 300-400 cal
    AM Snack 150-200 cal
    Lunch 300-500 cal
    PM Snack 150-200 cal
    Dinner 300-500 cal
    Eve Snack 150-200 cal

I try to be pretty consistient and eat a little more on days when I work out.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    I'm hypoglycemic so I don't really have too much of a choice but to eat like this or I run the risk of passing out, However, the "symptoms" are a whole lot less these days with increased protein. Breakfast, snack 1, lunch, snack 2, dinner, sanck 3 with an average of 300-400 cals per meal. Whatever is left over at the end of the day just used up by post work out shakes and bars or saved over for the next day.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member

Don't listen to the myth buster just because he's busting something else someone says and telling you what you want to hear. Just as easily, someone could bust the buster.

I listen to facts which have been backed up with some research, such as provided by the post I mentioned. Do you have such facts to back up your claims? Or is it just stuff that "makes sense to you"?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Breakfast 250 cal
    snack 150 cal
    lunch 250 cal
    snack 150 cal
    dinner 600 cal about 1400 cal daily give or take usually stay under
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    I list them as Breakfast, Lunch 1, Lunch 2, Lunch 3, Dinner 1, Dinner 2 - it's helps me remember that I'm not eating a "snack" but I'm eating an actual meal.

Now that I think about it I may change it up to Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3, etc.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    I don't do them as separate meals, I named one All Day and I just track my food in a list only under the All Day meal, it's the way I found to get around it

What a great idea, then all your listed foods will all be in the same place...Might just have to try this...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Breakfast - 400
    Morning Snack - 300
    Lunch - 350
    Afternoon Snack - 170
    Dinner - 480
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Mine is organized as:

Breakfast (275-375)
    Morning Snack (0-150)
    Lunch (300-450)
    Afternoon Snack (0-150)
    Dinner (300-450)
    Munchiez (0-150)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Snacks through the day
    Naughty things
    Supplements
  • Sounds like a bunch of Hobbits's. Breakfast, before lunch snacks, brunch, lunch, afternoon snacks, dinner, dessert, before bedtime snackz
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    I just do Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack 1, Snack 2 and Snack 3. Sometimes I use them all, sometimes I don't.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    meal 1, meal 2, meal 3, etc... until meal 6

I eat 6 meals a day all around 300-400 calories. dont really go by breakfast, lunch, and dinner anymore!
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Actually you set it up exactly as I do. :-)
  • GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    "What does it matter? If people like eating 5-6 times a day why are you to rain on their parade? For me, it is a medical necessity...for others it keeps them on track."

Yup, me too. I am insulin resistant and eating multiple small meals per day with the right protein/carb ratio helps to regulate my glucose levels. Keeps the hunger at bay as well. After eating this way for several years it just seems more natural, kind like grazing, and helps me to make better food choices if I don't wait for a specific hour on the clock to eat.
  • I do: Breakfast, Mid-Morning Snack , Lunch, Mid-Afternoon Snack, and Dinner.

1. Breakfast - 300-400 calories.

2. Mid-Morning Snack - < 200 calories. Usually a granola bar from Kashi.

3. Lunch - 300-400 calories

4. Mid-Afternoon Snack - < 300 calories. Usually an apple, orange or banana. If I am going to workout, I also have a protein bar.

5. Dinner - 500-700 calories

I do not eat after dinner.
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    I eat all.the.time.

Breakfast
    Morning
    Lunch
    Afternoon
    Supper (or Dinner?)
    Evening

Then I just put whatever I eat in those times. Like today, I had three seperate snacks in the afternoon. However, I didn't eat breakfast because I was on Skype with my husband all morning.

Facts or not, I feel awesome eating all the time and like dirt if I don't.