Should I cut my hair!?

Options
2»

Replies

• 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You've been married just long enough to qualify for the "trap a man with long hair and then cut it all off" club.

Just kidding...I poke fun at my wife for doing this after we got married.

All the guys will tell you to keep it long, and the ladies, who have to deal with the care of long hair, will tell you to cut it.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i agree with the other girls... cut it like vic beckham ONLY if you're willing to flat iron it. because your hair is long right now, it helps to weight down the curl. getting it cut without putting some time into it could make you a very unhappy camper (i know, only because i've been there done that, never going there again and have the same type of hair as you).

i definitely wouldn't do the style of pinks hair with your hair texture. eek. that could turn out really puffy.
  • Trinity1982
    Options
    ok what i do before i do anything to my hair is use this website - www.taaz.com it's a virtual makeover website and i am in LOVE with it. i can test eyeshadows, lipstick, mascara, hair colours and cuts BEFORE i go out and spend hard earned money on something i could regret. it's an all in one center ;)

www.taaz.com
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    listen ive had both of those hair styles i prefer the longer of the two because when you want to grow it back there are way to many akward stages and you cant do anything with except look like a hot mess, but the other i'd cut mine like that again if my BF wouldnt leave me (he really wouldnt but i respect what he thinks). bottom line your gonna look great either way.
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    I just went through this. I have a stylist who will not chop off my hair with any hasty decisions. Sometimes I would like to fire her but she saves my sanity. Mostly I like my hair EXCEPT for when it starts to get hot. I live in Arizona, so it gets hot and seems to stay hot. So like you I pile it on top of my head in some form or another until the day it cools off again. My hair is very thick, sometimes I say I feel like a Saint Bernard. Lol ! I went to my stylist 3 days ago with full intentions of cutting it to a bob. She gave me long layers and thinned my hair a bit, then I got a few highlights. I thnk she had a great idea...something to think over??? If you do decided to cut it I think the first pic would be cute on you :)
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I would go for a diagonal forward, preserves some length, but is still shorter and a big change. It would also suit your face better. I'm a hairstylist.

Something like these;

l.jpg

victoriabeckhambrunette2.jpg
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would keep it and just keep doing what you are doing! You have great hair!
  • kellybug123
    kellybug123 Posts: 240
    Options
    You should cut it. It'll grow back if you miss the long hair. I just cut mine off, my profile is my new hair do....just got it did yesterday :)
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Every time I cut my long hair short - I REGRET IT BIG TIME !!! :sad: :sad: :sad: DON'T DO IT !!

I suffer from "hot flushes" ever since chemo and I HAD long thick hair, jezz it would get hot under the hair, and like you, also kept it up in a bun 99% of the time. But I regret cutting it, mine is about as long as the pink photo. Not happy now. Dying to grow it long again, you can do so much more than just a bun with long hair. With short hair you brush it, its one, and its the only style you can have.:flowerforyou:

Unless your hair is totally straight, the Posh look isn't gonna work, you think she wakes up like that, no she has her own private hair stylist every day to get it looking like that.

Cheers
    Jane
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    With the first style you could still pull the sides back when you wanted to just get it up and out of your face quickly.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Don't cut it! There's nuthin wrong with pulling your hair up, but it's always nice to have the option of leaving it down and styling it. Short hair may seem like less hassle, but it actually requires more styling to look good, and you don't have the option of pulling it up.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The shorter the better! Love short hair! Woohoo
  • 4monks
    4monks Posts: 14
    Options
    I think long hair is boring. Yes men say they prefer long hair but I notice that I get much more positive attention when my hair is short. I love my short hair. I have a faux hawk and it is so cool. When my hair is short, i walk taller and stand with confidence and that makes me much hotter