How many calories should I eat! Help?

I am a 30 yr old active mom that is eating 1470 cal per day, exercise 5 days a week and cannot lose weight! I am 5' 3" and currently weigh 168 lbs, my goal weight is 140 lbs. I looked up other forums on eating too little and my Total Daily Expenditure is 2600 cals and Activity calories is 1050. MFP put me at 1470 on lightly active for loss of 1 lb per week but haven't lost for a month!

What should I eat, I feel like I am eating too little..... need help!!!!!

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    With your rheumatoid arthritis - I would start there with the foods you should eat. Certain foods that can aggravate RA should be removed.
  • I don't think that you are eating enough. and it could be what you are eating. I would also consult with your rheumatologist about healthy dieting and exercise
  • delebre
    delebre Posts: 5
    Could be muscle too.. It weighs more than fat does. Check your food choices too. Drink more water. Try getting GOOD vitamins. Adjust and vary your exercises so your body doesn't get 'used' to them.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    I started off being 5'3, 170 lbs...Was eating 1200 calories a day with no exercise & lost weight just fine. I'm at 134 now, but decided to up my caloric intake & i've incorporated exercise into my life finally, lol. Hows your water & fiber intake? Should be losing some weight.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    I don't think that you are eating enough. and it could be what you are eating. I would also consult with your rheumatologist about healthy dieting and exercise

Hopefully you have an RA that is up to date and open to the idea that certain foods can aggravate RA and not just rely on meds.
  • tenbearsbear
    tenbearsbear Posts: 3 Member
    I am 50 and I am 5 feet 2". The other internet information that I have read gives a person who wants to weigh 120 1,200 calories to work with. If you want to weigh 140 then 1,400 is a good place to start with. Also 0-50 carbs puts you into extreme weight loss. 50-100 carbs is good weight loss. Since you are working out, you will require more protein. Fiber keeps you full too so the more, the better. I also started an exercise regime that requires more weights and more muscles to be used to help burn more fat. Also, eliminate all sugar--it is your enemy. Do not eat any prepared foods either. The more fresh fruit and vegetables you eat and the more salad becomes your best friend, you will see the pounds come off.

Protein = 112 grams (or 448 calories)
    • Carbohydrates = 100 grams (or 400 calories)
    • Fat = 39 grams (or 350 calories)
    • Total caloric intake = 1200 calories
    Fiber 30-50 grams