"Clean" cleanse

Options
Has anyone done the 3-week cleansed called "Clean." If so, can you tell me about your experience? If you are planning to do it, can we do it together? I just need to get a juicer or do without the juices.

Replies

• thin4good
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this cleanse. I do want to start one though. I was thinking about starting a candida cleanse, which is very restrictive. I may want to start with a less restrictive one then transition into that one. I need get a little information on this one first.
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty detailed cleanse, so I'm not sure I can summarize it here! The book is pretty long. They recommend an elimination diet first, which is much like the candida diet, then once you've done that for 1-2 weeks, you do this cleanse. (The elimination diet is do that your body can acclimate). It is 2 liquid meals a day and one solid meal a day. The liquid meals are smoothies (made with veggies and fruits), broth based soups, and juices made with a juicer. The solid meals are chicken and fish dishes with veggies. They recommend as much organic as possible, and the use of filtered water and some supplements.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I did it last summer. It was really hard but doable. I'm so glad I did it because it taught me that I don't need nearly as much food in a day as I had before and it taught me a lot about different foods I had never tried. Also I realized that I could avoid gluten and dairy in life and not die :P I only lost about 5 lbs but it really made me feel more energized and healthy. It was the junpstart to my weight loss. Feel free to add me/ message me any questions! The community is great there too.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Is it similiar to this.

Roni DeLuz & James Hester - 21 Pounds in 21 Days
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Oh also, I didn't juice during it and I took some of the supplements but not all. I did the evoo shots and detox baths a little. I did not do the elimination diet beforehand. I did read the book, it really helps. On the community in that website there are some PDFs of a ton of Clean recipes that will help you make it through.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did the lemon detox cleanse and it worked. It is very hard to do as you cannot eat at all for 14 days only drink a lemon drink. But l did get through it and that got me on the road to losing the weight now, plus l felt so much better within myself that l was able to get up in the mornings without feeling tired, had a lot more energy as well. The first 3 days was hard had headaches really bad but l got through it. As l was a pepsi max drinker up to 2 liters a day l was drinking so l had to stop that and that is what gave me the headaches l was having.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Here's a cleanse.....buy a big bag of dried apricots, eat them and drink lots of water. You'll be about as cleansed as can be.

Your body cleanses itself, these are nonsense.
  • allijoy13
    Options
    Here's a cleanse.....buy a big bag of dried apricots, eat them and drink lots of water. You'll be about as cleansed as can be.

The Clean cleanse is not like the cleanses you are thinking of. It is meant to rid the body of toxins while eating food - clean, organic, food. If you don't believe in cleansing, no problem, but no need to post. I'm looking for support.
  • allijoy13
    Options
    Oh also, I didn't juice during it and I took some of the supplements but not all. I did the evoo shots and detox baths a little. I did not do the elimination diet beforehand. I did read the book, it really helps. On the community in that website there are some PDFs of a ton of Clean recipes that will help you make it through.

I'm confused about the olive oil at night since you are not supposed to eat for 12 hours between dinner and breakfast. When did you do the shots?
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did the Clean Program, last year. I didn't buy their supplements or shakes, did my research and found my own substitutes at the natural grocery. It was great, very easy and surprisingly I was never hungry. At the end of the three weeks I had lost about eight pounds but more importantly I was sleeping much better, my skin cleared up and I had so much energy. I still do a similar shake for breaking most days.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options

The Clean cleanse is not like the cleanses you are thinking of. It is meant to rid the body of toxins while eating food - clean, organic, food. If you don't believe in cleansing, no problem, but no need to post. I'm looking for support.

Let me ask you a question. If you saw someone stepping off the curb into the path of an oncoming car would you not say anything?

You say it's meant to rid the body of toxins. Specifically what toxins does it rid the body of that sound nutritional practices won't? I'm all for eating cleaner but most of these so-called "cleanse" programs are selling over-priced (and often ineffective) supplements and some of them advocate downright dangerous practices.
    I did the lemon detox cleanse and it worked. It is very hard to do as you cannot eat at all for 14 days only drink a lemon drink.

case in point......
  • allijoy13
    Options
    Please stop posting.

Let me ask you a question. If you saw someone stepping off the curb into the path of an oncoming car would you not say anything?

You say it's meant to rid the body of toxins. Specifically what toxins does it rid the body of that sound nutritional practices won't? I'm all for eating cleaner but most of these so-called "cleanse" programs are selling over-priced (and often ineffective) supplements and some of them advocate downright dangerous practices.
    I did the lemon detox cleanse and it worked. It is very hard to do as you cannot eat at all for 14 days only drink a lemon drink.

case in point......
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Our bodies are not made to be "cleansed". Eat right and you won't have to worry about any of this.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Please stop posting.

case in point......

Unfortunately, you can't really pick and choose who will respond to public posts. While there are certainly some people on this site who have used cleanses with various results, there are also a lot of people who believe that they are unhealthy and actually do more damage to your system than good. Most of us are here to be healthy and lose weight in a sustainable way so when things like fad-diets, cleanses or "quick fixes" come up, the responses are not always positive because they're typically not a healthy way to eat.
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't think cleanses are bunk, personally I ate such crappy food for so long I'm sure my body is teeming with toxins. Most of us on this site have spent most of our lives eating poor quality processed foods, if we hadn't we wouldn't be here. There are cleanses out there that are gimmicky and promote weight loss but there are also several very good ones that can help refresh your system. I've done the Master Cleanse, Wildrose, re-cleanse and the Clean Program, all of these allow you to eat real food, Albeit with some restrictions. Clean Program is by far the favorite and easiest. Even if you don't experience any of the physical benefits it really focuses you on what you are eating and over the three weeks will help you break some of your bad dietary habits. I did buy the book but found the info on their website much more helpful. You don't have to buy any of their products. If you want to do the supplements they are very clear on the ingredients, you can find your own at the health food store. Just make sure you buy a good protein powder for your shakes. I didn't buy any of the bulking up ones you see by the bucketful at GNC, I use either a hemp or pumpkin protein powder. If you've got any other questions feel free to message me.
  • allijoy13
    Options
    I totally get it. Not everyone agrees on everything. I really don't care what other people think or do, but if someone asks for my opinion I will give it. I didn't ask for anyone's opinion. I specifically asked if anyone had done the Clean cleanse or planned to! it's too bad other people feel they have to comment. It's hard to ignore people when they are responding to your post, but I will try my best!

Please stop posting.

case in point......

Unfortunately, you can't really pick and choose who will respond to public posts. While there are certainly some people on this site who have used cleanses with various results, there are also a lot of people who believe that they are unhealthy and actually do more damage to your system than good. Most of us are here to be healthy and lose weight in a sustainable way so when things like fad-diets, cleanses or "quick fixes" come up, the responses are not always positive because they're typically not a healthy way to eat.
  • fittiephd
    Options
    I don't believe in a lot of cleanses, but I liked Clean. If you buy the stuff they sell then I think it is more like a cleanse, but if you do it the natural way, you are literally just becoming an added-sugar-free, gluten-free, nightshade-free, corn and potato free vegan for 3 weeks, who doesn't drink caffeine or alcohol haha.

I think it helps people jumpstart healthy eating habits because it forces you to focus on eating clean healthy foods for 3 weeks. Some people can just wake up one day and say "I'm going to eat healthy foods from now on"... others need more structure and self-imposed "rules".

I don't agree with things like lemon juice cleanses or even necessarily that there are toxins in the body at all. As a scientist, some of the things I have read about cleanses sound scientifically correct, others sound like they could just be nonsense. But, I don't really care enough to look more into it. I already did the cleanse and I enjoyed it and I definitely was healthy the whole time.

Oh, and the evoo thing is something you do directly before bed. If you go onto the community on mycleanprogram.com you'll find a lot of people who ask the same question, basically, "Isn't that a lot of calories to have at night?", but in the end they say it just helps lubricate things. The reason that I did it a few times during Clean was to help "move things along" if you know what I mean.... PM me if you decide to do the cleanse!