jillian michaels 2 week detox

Options
To help me get a little boost, I wanted to try to detox myself. I was doing the every other day diet, mostly eggs chicken, bell peppers, leafy greens and couscous and rice. to give a little boost, i tried the cleansing and detox pills. I followed the directions. In the morning, I had 2 pills with a 16 oz bottle of water, and again at night. the first week went great. felt more energized and cleaner. week 2 was 3 in the morning and 2 at night with main meal. thats where the troiuble was.

week 2's pills started to make me really sick... allerigic reaction sick. I don't know what it was, but on day 2 of week 2 i had broken out all over my face, and i havent had a zit since i was 17, other than pregnancy, got a rash on my chest, and began having bad nose bleeds.

needless to say i didnt complete the second week. the break out has cleared, and so has the rash and nose bleeds.

If anyone is concidering this, please think twice!

Replies

• Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Gosh that's horrific!! Did it say anything about side effects on the bottle? That's really bad, glad it all cleared up for you!!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    oddly enough, no. no warnings. just said a fast way to help you detox to start up you weight loss or something along those lines. i've taken many a diet pills, but never had anything like that happen.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Jillian's wikipedia says she has gotten sued over a couple of the pill-boxes with her face on it, this is what it says about the detox suit (not that I think Wikipedia is the end-all defacto fact site) -

"In August 2010, a $10 million class action suit was filed against Michaels and Thin Care International over the ingredients in Triple Process Total Body Detox and Cleanse. The plaintiff in the case is a registered dietician who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation.[15] According to the suit, the supplement in question contained ingredients that could allegedly cause gastrointestinal ulcers, digestive distress and even irreversible liver damage. The suit also alleged that these ingredients represented a "potentially lethal combination." The Courthouse News Service reported that the plaintiff claimed that the suit was not about the money, but that "she simply wants [Michaels and Thin Care] to stop poisoning the public and give consumers their money back."[16]

While experts interviewed about the supplements doubted that they could prove fatal, they agreed that they were ineffective. Lynn Willis, professor emeritus of pharmacology at Indiana University called one of the supplements "an absurdity" and "completely bogus." Dr. Keith Ayoob, director of the Nutrition Clinic at Albert Einstein College of Medicine also suggested that "if you have any of these problems or need help losing weight, see your physician, not Jillian Michaels."
  • AliDarling
    Options
    good thing i stopped on day two then. maybe i wouldnt be here. they can keep the $20, it'll just remind me to never trust the pills again
  • SuperBonBon79
    Options
    I actually just bought the bottle and the dosages are alot smaller now