Ladies only please!!

Options
4mykids
4mykids Posts: 33 Member
I am trying to get going on this exercise thing... been trying for a few years - on and off at the gym, etc. I would really love to try the Couch to 5K (?)... here is my dilemma. I can't run!! I really, really want to, but I wear a 40K bra :sad: ... does anyone know of an extremely supportive bra??

Even when in my living room trying to do jumping jacks or something, I have to hold myself in.

I buy my bras online, as they don't sell that size in my town. I shop at LadyGrace.com, and I think the best bras I've come across are from Goddess.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

PS. I love MFP! Still new to it in the last few weeks, but I love all the support, encouragement and advice!

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    you know i watched a Tyra Banks show about extremely supportive sports bras...i cant remember the brands name, but i bet there is a link some where at the Tyra Show website. If i can find it i will come back and let you know. :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Enell. Enell. Enell.

They are expensive, but so worth it. I wear a 30F, down from a 38G. . .and I have bought several as I've shrunk. The thing is truly life changing. I could never do anything high impact without it, the girls do not move, I tell you. It's sold by Title Nine sports (they have a terrific return policy) as teh "last resort" bra.

Seriously. Life. Changing. :flowerforyou:

http://www.titlenine.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2172&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=674&iSubCat=676&iProductID=2172
  • jerzgrl03
    jerzgrl03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this question!! I can really relate to your problem. I don't exercise in public because I am so bouncy and falling out of my top :blushing: And even in my home it is hard to workout when you have to keep one hand holding yourself in!

I have never thought to ask this on MFP before, so i am so glad you did!! Hopefully we can get some good advice!

Best wishes!!

~Brenda

244665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

My Blog:
    http://www.myfitnespal.com/blogs/jerzgrl03
  • biochemnrd
    biochemnrd Posts: 33
    Options
    A friend of mine had a similar problem a few years back. She wore a trilple D bra and whenever she'd come with me to the gym she wore multiple bras. It worked for her. Maybe you should try it.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i'm not as large busted (i'm a 34d) but I need a lot of support to feel comfortable when i exercise.

someone on mfp recommended UNDERARMOUR brand to me months ago. $$ but LOVE it.
    very supportive and zips in front so i don't have to struggle to get some tight thing over my head. criss cross back is cute (just like the other girl told me).

i'll get the rest of the info (style #) to you later. bought it at sports authority.
    don't know what size it goes up to.

and you may just have to put off the couch25k prgm for a bit. stick to walking and biking, spinning??, for now. with that success you'll hopefully be motivated to keep exercising as the girls get at least a little smaller.
    :flowerforyou:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Enell. Enell. Enell.

Yup, thats the one from the Tyra show!
  • AnnieKraj1
    Options
    I am large up top too. What works fo rme may not work for you. I actually buy a tighter sports bra than most becuase I feel like I am going to hit myself in the chin when I run. BUT...the underarmour tanks from the MENS section are tight on my chest and keep me feeling a little less conspicuous. They are also made to wick away sweat. I wear them under my oversized t-shirts. when I started to jog I did what my husband and I called the "annie shuffle" because I was so slow at jogging he could outwalk me in a heartbeat. But with consistency I persevered. I always thought Iw ould get much smaller up top after my weight loss but it didnt really happen. I went down from F to DD. I dont care about them anymore. I hated jogging at first (my shoulders actually hurt from the weight of the twins while jogging) but now I am good with it. Just start out SLOW.
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    I am not quite as well endowed :blushing: .. 34D ... but I still struggle to find the support I need to run comfortably... so I got one of those strechy shirts with the bra in it, and I wear it over my regular sports bra... i feel like the added support of the shirt helps keep the girls in control :flowerforyou: sometimes i just put on two sports bras...
  • christahollis
    Options
    I'm a DD and I can't find a single bra that's supportive enough for running.
    period.
    That's why I wear three. One underwire sports bra (or an underwire minimizer), and two compression bras. One that's small (and thus extra binding) to wear under one that is my normal size.
    And then I wear a top with the built in shelf bra...so I guess maybe that's 4?
  • lld20
    lld20 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am a DD also and I was having trouble keeping supported during work outs. I found a "racer back" bra from glamorize that gives me good support and it closes in the front. I works good and you dont spend and arm and a leg for it, just an arm. lol:bigsmile:
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much everyone!!!!!!!!

That bra looks like it would hold jello tight - just what I need!:wink: Don't think anything's movin' in there.

$60 is well worth it. I've paid $180 before... that was until I found a place online.

Thanks again! You ladies are awesome!
  • AnnieKraj1
    Options
    You can find some online that arent too expensive. I think I got mine from Lane Bryant on-line. I cant remember. I only have three and they can not be put through the dryer becuase the dryer will shorten the lifespan of the lycra in them. I think it was worth it though. But I have noticed on championusa.com and a couple others some really cool underwire with great back support. Next 10 lb weight loss Im getting one!!! maybe two if I can save enough.