Runners/triathletes...

Options
I need a few new friends as accountability partners. I have done a few triathlons and a number of 5K and 10K races. I have Warrior Dash scheduled April 21 and will do 6-7 more races this season, culminating with a half-marathon in November. I will most likely not do any tris this year as my wife is due with our second child in August and I don't have much time to train properly. However, I will be rejoining the tri community ASAP.

Anyway, with all that being said, send me an FR if you want to be friends. And, full disclosure, I believe in tough love and no excuses. Good luck reaching all your goals.

Replies

• mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I could do with a friend that kicks my but now and then, some days are plain bad and no, it's not ok!! starting again tomorrow is not an option, what about right now!
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    Let's do it! We're going to kick some serious *kitten*!!!
  • joshalapp
    joshalapp Posts: 12
    Options
    I'll add you too. I'm a fairly new runner with a 10k and a half-marathon coming up. Would be good to have some runner friends on here.
    Congrats on the 2nd baby coming!
  • Mizzou91
    Options
    Thanks man! I appreciate it. And thanks for the request too.
  • lucky_74
    lucky_74 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello! I'll be your friend! I am a fellow runner with a couple of runs races coming up in the next few months.
    I'll be doing a 10k trail run in Vancouver, B.C. and a half marathon in May.
  • Mizzou91
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks lucky! Good luck with your races.
  • MereBear1985
    MereBear1985 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm game! New to MFP and doing a 10K in April and hopefully a half in September...really gotta up my game if I am going to do well!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to do a 10k in july and a half marathon in oct.

one of my goals is to do a a triathlon so would love to pick your brain.

feel free to add me.

i love tough love.
  • sallyjmad
    sallyjmad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm not a huge race runner but my personal goals are better motivation then a race for me. I'd love to have people to keep me going!
    ETA: I used to run races 5k and 7k's mostly. But I just sort of lost interest in the actual race setting. But if I do run another race it'll be something a little bigger like a 10k or a half marathon :)
  • tyrog11
    tyrog11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request too...I'm a new runner also and would love to learn from others. Mostly how to eat right during training as well as before a race. Just muddling my way along on my own is probably not the best. I am running the Chicago Half Marathon in September and will be finding some 5 and 10K's to run in over the next few months. I've never ran in any organized race in my life (not even grade school track!). Anyone else who responded to the OP want to send me a FR I would gladly accept.
  • Mizzou91
    Options
    Any other runners/triathletes out there????
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a runner. My first half is next Saturday.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i am! i've done a couple 5ks and a 5 miler and have a half marathon coming up in a month and a half! i'll add you!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I have 1-2 races scheduled each month and ending the year with a half in November! Add, if you would like. I love trail running and try to do this as much as possible, much more exciting then running on the road.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, pretty active runner, and I'll tell you if your sucking it up! lol
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Me! I have done a couple of 5's, a 10 and working towards a half in November too.
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm training to run my first full marathon. Feel free to add me. Would be cool to have more runner friends to share tips for nutrition, training etc.