20% body weight lost - How to kick start loss again

Options
Hi everyone,

I am at a loss. I have lost just about 20% of my body weight and have not lost a thing for 2 months. How do I kick-start my metabolism so I can loose the next 30 pounds.

I am diabetic so I have to watch what I do but I am getting frustrated and would love suggestions.

Thanks

Linda

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda!

Can you tell us a bit more about what you are currently doing ? Losing 20% of your BW is amazing. Great Job!
  • wysiwyg295
    wysiwyg295 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To lose the weight all I did was log all my food here and watched my portions. I read labels and whatever the serving size was that is all I have. Because I am diabetic I aim for about 30 carbs per meal (that helps keep my numbers in range). I attempt to eat between 5 and 7 servings of fruits and vegetables. Even being diabetic I don't feel deprived of anything. Sure there are fleeting moments that I wish I could have that dessert or some other food (pizza comes to mind) but it is all good.

I recently added "Curves" to the mix and aim to go 3 times a week. I have only been going 2 weeks so I have not really seen any visible results but I made the commitment to myself and will keep going.

As per myfitnesspal I am eating about 1500 calories per day. How do I jump start my metabolism so I can loose about another 30 pounds?

Linda
  • Sepheriel
    Sepheriel Posts: 14
    Options
    Try eating only 1400 calories a day for a week (if you can do that as a diabetic) and see if you start losing again. :)
  • wysiwyg295
    wysiwyg295 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Sepheriel,

Thanks for the suggestion.