*****A MUST READ FOR ALL******

Options
SO MY SISTER INTRODUCED ME TO THIS BOOK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!! ITS FANTASTIC..I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS BOOK TO ALL WHO ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT OR MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE..

"THE EAT CLEAN DIET RECHARGED.. BY TOSCA RENO"

THIS BOOK IS SO AMAZING AND VERY HELPFUL. I RECOMEND YOU TRYING TO GET A COPY AND READ IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH..

PS THIS IS IN CAPS SO I HAVE EVERYONE ATTENTION AND ALL HEHE..

Replies

• Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    quit yelling!!!
  • jstein_77
    jstein_77 Posts: 13
    Options
    How exactly has this book helped you personally? The all caps is not selling me on the book, but an effective persuasive argument with specifics might.

Glad you have found something that turns you on to healthy eating. Wherever you find it, that is the key that all of us have to find somewhere if we want good results.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Im reading it too. great book
  • jumpin15
    jumpin15 Posts: 30
    Options
    Just wondering why this book is so great. Can you share a little bit of what's it about.

P.S. I don't think your yelling :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    If you're going to recommend a book it's better that you explain: 1. What it's about 2. What it generally covers, and 3. how it has been helpful to you and/or anyone else you know personally who has read it.

Otherwise it just seems like blind advertisement for yet another book. You can't expect someone reading to bother with tapping Google for further information just from saying "hey here's this book it's awesome I love it everyone needs it." You want them to check it out after you've given at least what I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

And this is not to be mean or be "that person" in a thread but caps don't work to grab attention, it's generally thought the person that does that is "screaming" or is kind of dumb. The e-mails I receive in all caps tend to be spam advertisements for some kind of pill or procedure. It's great to be excited, but you can express that without capslock.
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Isn't it good we're all different. I'm a CAPS kind of person when I'm excited. CAP away if you want to share excitement. I too, however, would love some specifics....with some details I just might go for the book!
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Sure NP. Basicly the run down on the book is :

> how to get - and saty - motivated
    > living a longer happier more productive life
    > how to take the plunge into and exercise program
    > solutions for cellulite, saggy bits and loose skin
    > using food to raise your metabolisim and burn fat
    > over 50 healthy eat recipes
    > Menus that can help you learn how to eat properly
    > how to eat clean anywere, from parties, to restaurants to on the road

So basicly it teaches someone like me ( who needs help when it comes to where to begin, what to eat, how to figure out to get myself going daily) how to do it on my own.
    I have only been reading this book for a week and a half now and its very insperational to me, because it has informed me of quite a bit i didnt know, and quite a bit of info that will help me along the way with my weight loss journey and maintain the weight loss. So i thought I would share it with all of you as it seems to be giving me that bit of hope i need to succeed.
    As i continue to follow the book, i will keep you all updated :)
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is great info. THANKS!!!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    quit yelling!!!
    LOL!
    I hate when I have to yell in my head....='(
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in clean eating thegraciouspantry.com is a great website, especially if you're just getting started or are looking for recipes. I think it was even featured on Tosca Reno's blog.
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Kaelabaela
    Options
    Bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Sure NP. Basicly the run down on the book is :

> how to get - and saty - motivated
    > living a longer happier more productive life
    > how to take the plunge into and exercise program
    > solutions for cellulite, saggy bits and loose skin
    > using food to raise your metabolisim and burn fat
    > over 50 healthy eat recipes
    > Menus that can help you learn how to eat properly
    > how to eat clean anywere, from parties, to restaurants to on the road

So basicly it teaches someone like me ( who needs help when it comes to where to begin, what to eat, how to figure out to get myself going daily) how to do it on my own.
    I have only been reading this book for a week and a half now and its very insperational to me, because it has informed me of quite a bit i didnt know, and quite a bit of info that will help me along the way with my weight loss journey and maintain the weight loss. So i thought I would share it with all of you as it seems to be giving me that bit of hope i need to succeed.
    As i continue to follow the book, i will keep you all updated :)
    Well what I bolded in black is BS. This is just another book by someone who is echoing solutions that have been passed around for years. And many of the solutions don't have clinical studies to back them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I HATE WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!!
    MAKES IT VERY HARD TO READ...
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the OP's desire to share this book with everyone, but I think a little more clarification is in order. Tosca Reno's books focus on teaching how to "eat clean", meaning that you focus on fruits and vegetables, lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey fish, etc., and staying away from processed foods, refined flours and sugars. In a nutshell, read the ingredients label: if it reads like a chemistry experiment, it is processed food. Tosca also promotes exercise that includes strength training, to help build muscle and thus increase metabolism.

The "using food to raise your metabolism and burn fat", isn't quite correct, rather it refers to eating several, small meals throughout the day to help keep your body properly fueled. I don't recall ever reading a reference to thermogenesis in Tosca's books, which, if I recall correctly and I believe may be the "BS" as pointed out by ninerbuff - is the commonly touted "you will burn more calories by eating several small meals per day, which in turns keeps your body burning more calories as it works to digest your food" - or something like that. (I may have that a bit wrong, and ninerbuff, please correct me if so! - I also think that's a bit of "bunk" and tend to ignore that when ever I read it, so I may not have the theory quite correct.)

At any rate, Tosca's books are pretty sound eating advice over all. You can usually check them out from the local library and they're a pretty quick read. There's also the Clean Eating magazine that you can usually find in the magazine racks at Target, the grocery store, Walmart, etc. which always has loads of really good tasting, healthy, "clean" recipes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the OP's desire to share this book with everyone, but I think a little more clarification is in order. Tosca Reno's books focus on teaching how to "eat clean", meaning that you focus on fruits and vegetables, lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey fish, etc., and staying away from processed foods, refined flours and sugars. In a nutshell, read the ingredients label: if it reads like a chemistry experiment, it is processed food. Tosca also promotes exercise that includes strength training, to help build muscle and thus increase metabolism.

The "using food to raise your metabolism and burn fat", isn't quite correct, rather it refers to eating several, small meals throughout the day to help keep your body properly fueled. I don't recall ever reading a reference to thermogenesis in Tosca's books, which, if I recall correctly and I believe may be the "BS" as pointed out by ninerbuff - is the commonly touted "you will burn more calories by eating several small meals per day, which in turns keeps your body burning more calories as it works to digest your food" - or something like that. (I may have that a bit wrong, and ninerbuff, please correct me if so! - I also think that's a bit of "bunk" and tend to ignore that when ever I read it, so I may not have the theory quite correct.)

At any rate, Tosca's books are pretty sound eating advice over all. You can usually check them out from the local library and they're a pretty quick read. There's also the Clean Eating magazine that you can usually find in the magazine racks at Target, the grocery store, Walmart, etc. which always has loads of really good tasting, healthy, "clean" recipes.
    Correct. There have been many clinical studies done on frequency of meals and foods to see if metabolism rate is increased by incorporation, but there isn't a peer reviewed study that supports this.
    While I believe that "clean" eating can totally enhance people's chances of weight loss and reduce risks of certain diseases, unless there's a COMMITMENT to changing to that lifestyle, the change over may be futility.
    As a trainer I used to institute the "don't eat this, quit eating that" philosophy and did my clients lose weight? Yep. Problem was the majority of them also felt so restricted by eating that way, that the missed their favorites and felt miserable. Re engaging in the foods they liked caused weight regain.
    I believe you can institute a program where you eat good 80% of the time and 20% you can eat whatever you want as long as you're meeting your daily essentials and not exceeding your calorie goals. I teach this now and clients I have now aren't regaining and are much more content with their lifestyles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    quit yelling!!!

Owen Meany
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    i didnt even read your post because it was in caps. puts some people off! ;)
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wah, wah, wah
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    i didnt even read your post because it was in caps. puts some people off! ;)
    I didn't read it either lol I just scrolled down to read the comments

CAPS make it look like you're spamming or uber pissed. At least in the great world of online chatting it does. Want excitement? Use !...at least that's what all the women here do after

every

single

sentence...