17 Day Diet Help

SanDFit
SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
I started off the 17Day diet with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I lost 6 lbs in 7 days. I lose weight very very slowly so I'm happy. However, yesterday I hurt my lower back and the doc has told me to rest in bed for 3 days and no exercise for at least a week. Has anyone done the diet without working out and seen results also? Help!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    I started off the 17Day diet with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I lost 6 lbs in 7 days. I lose weight very very slowly so I'm happy. However, yesterday I hurt my lower back and the doc has told me to rest in bed for 3 days and no exercise for at least a week. Has anyone done the diet without working out and seen results also? Help!
    My 2 cents. Diets are temporary. Unless you plan to eat that way the rest of your life, the chances of weight regain are high. Better to just try to focus on total calorie intake with foods you know you can live with and exercise, then to rely on a diet to just take off the weight.
    There are so many that have dieted only to return to the same weight or more because they HATED eating that way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SanDFit
    I'm actually doing this diet because it helps me make a conscious effort to eat more protein. Before, even though I was working out and seeing my body get toned and losing inches I was not losing any weight. I was eating mostly carbs and some sweets even though my calorie consumption was the same as it is now with the tied. I was constantly hungry and tired. Now with increasing my protein intake I dont feel hungry all the time. I;m enjoying doing this diet and the last part of it is a lifestyle adaptation that I plan on continuing long term.
  • ninerbuff
    I'm actually doing this diet because it helps me make a conscious effort to eat more protein. Before, even though I was working out and seeing my body get toned and losing inches I was not losing any weight. I was eating mostly carbs and some sweets even though my calorie consumption was the same as it is now with the tied. I was constantly hungry and tired. Now with increasing my protein intake I dont feel hungry all the time. I;m enjoying doing this diet and the last part of it is a lifestyle adaptation that I plan on continuing long term.
    Then why is it called a 17 day diet?

IDEA Fitness member
  • I'm actually doing this diet because it helps me make a conscious effort to eat more protein. Before, even though I was working out and seeing my body get toned and losing inches I was not losing any weight. I was eating mostly carbs and some sweets even though my calorie consumption was the same as it is now with the tied. I was constantly hungry and tired. Now with increasing my protein intake I dont feel hungry all the time. I;m enjoying doing this diet and the last part of it is a lifestyle adaptation that I plan on continuing long term.
    Then why is it called a 17 day diet?

IDEA Fitness member

Dr. Mike Moreno’s 17 Day Diet relies on proven methods to help you take weight off and keep it off for good—whether you’ve got 10 pounds to lose or 100. His revolutionary program adjusts your body metabolically so that you burn fat day in and day out. The program is structured around four 17 day cycles:

Accelerate—the rapid weight loss portion that helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system

Activate—the metabolic restart portion with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat

Achieve—this phase is about learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines

Arrive—a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods!

Each cycle changes your calorie count and the food that you’re eating. The variation that Dr. Mike calls ‘body confusion’ keeps your metabolism guessing; this means that you can expect big changes in the first 17 days alone!

This is not a diet that relies on a tiny list of approved foods, grueling exercise routines, or unrealistic calorie counts that leave you hungry and unfulfilled.

Yes I copied and pasted.. much faster..
  • You do the first 3 cycles until you reach your goal weight then do the last one.. I think the hardest part is the.1st one because you gotta give up sweets and pretty much all carbs only carbs allowed are from fruit.. it kinda feels like youre going through withdrawal.. sometimes it ain't pretty.. you just gotta be very determined and dedicated for it to work..

Oh and congrats on the weight loss.. I think you'll do fine without working out..
  • ninerbuff
    Dr. Mike Moreno’s 17 Day Diet relies on proven methods to help you take weight off and keep it off for good—whether you’ve got 10 pounds to lose or 100. His revolutionary program adjusts your body metabolically so that you burn fat day in and day out. The program is structured around four 17 day cycles:

Accelerate—the rapid weight loss portion that helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system
    Lol, if that were true, then EVERY dietician and licensed nutritionist would be on board.
    Activate—the metabolic restart portion with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat
    You could do this by just being more physically active.
    Achieve—this phase is about learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines[.
    This would be good to read.
    Arrive—a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods!

Each cycle changes your calorie count and the food that you’re eating. The variation that Dr. Mike calls ‘body confusion’ keeps your metabolism guessing; this means that you can expect big changes in the first 17 days alone!

This is not a diet that relies on a tiny list of approved foods, grueling exercise routines, or unrealistic calorie counts that leave you hungry and unfulfilled.

Yes I copied and pasted.. much faster..
    You can enjoy your favorite foods all the time IF you know how to add it in daily. And you don't "confuse" your metabolism. There's no way to fool it. The body adapts to how it's fed and how it expends energy. Feed it too much and not burn it off you gain. Feed it too little and it will lower metabolism. Feed it enough calories and stay physical and it will stay metabolically active.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Nicolefortin
    Nicolefortin Posts: 20 Member
    Where CAN we get thé dite from dr. Moreno?
  • Where CAN we get thé dite from dr. Moreno?

You buy the book..
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    I did the diet with out exercising the first cycle. You will be fine. I still lost weight. My personal trainer has 50 people from the gym on this new lifestyle and every single person has had success. It is a good diet for women with PCOS as well.
  • SanDFit
    Thanks megmo_7. I really was worried about not working out for a week.