Looking For Friends and Support!

Options
Hi there, I joined a year ago, but finally got serious about using MFP this last week. My good friend Oregon_Mama has lost so much weight using this site so I thought what the heck I would give it a shot! The last two months I have cut back on my food intake, not counting calories, just watching the portions I eat, drinking more water, not eating junk food etc. I've lost about ten pounds doing just that since January and I knew I needed exercise but just wasn't motivated yet. My husband works overseas and will be home in July so I want to look better for him when he returns home. Plus shopping for new clothes, having more energy etc is all things I am so excited for!

I started walking about 45 minutes every day this week, and occasionally play Just Dance with my ten year old daughter. I have lost two more pounds this last week! Yay!

I am now getting into the habit of recording all of my daily calories and exercise. I actually look forward to walking everyday, and can't wait to see the results. Right now my goal is 40 pounds, but once I reach that I will be setting another goal to make. Small steps, rather than one huge leap so I won't get discouraged. I haven't been 200 pounds in years, so being that weight will feel so good to me! When I married my husband I was a small 125, I don't know if I will ever be that size again, but being healthy and feeling energetic and more confident will be a-okay with me for now! I only have one friend on here, so more would be awesome! :)

Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome, glad you are here!
  • runningdiva77
    Options
    it really works! this place!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... from Cambridge New Zealand. This site has really kept me on track. Add me as a friend if you wish :)
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like all the reasons you are doing this. You sound like a well rounded healthy person.
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Love new friends! :flowerforyou:
  • talorK
    talorK Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been here about a week and love it :)
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    You sound so excited that you make me excited! Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: