Weird way to start a success story...but here goes....

Options
I should have never jinxed myself into gaining more and more weight. "If I hit 200 pounds, I'll kill myself"....worst thing I've ever said...."If I get to 250, I don't know what I'll do. I'll drive into a pole, seriously."....what was I thinking?
These are the things I would say until I stopped at 250 and said "Hey...I'm not going any higher...." and decided to make a change. You might think that it sounds small. Like...really small. But I hit 258 pounds at one point. I didn't like it and really did want to drive into a pole. But...I am now at 237.5 pounds. Which is below 250 pounds.
This is short, I know. But just a warning to all of you...if you don't want to hit a certain weight ever again...don't acknowledge that it exists. Believe in the numbers below it... :D
I know that I did....and this is where it's taking me...BELOW 250!!
Can anybody relate with what I am saying?

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I should have never jinxed myself into gaining more and more weight. "If I hit 200 pounds, I'll kill myself"....worst thing I've ever said...."If I get to 250, I don't know what I'll do. I'll drive into a pole, seriously."....what was I thinking?
    These are the things I would say until I stopped at 250 and said "Hey...I'm not going any higher...." and decided to make a change. You might think that it sounds small. Like...really small. But I hit 258 pounds at one point. I didn't like it and really did want to drive into a pole. But...I am now at 237.5 pounds. Which is below 250 pounds.
    This is short, I know. But just a warning to all of you...if you don't want to hit a certain weight ever again...don't acknowledge that it exists. Believe in the numbers below it... :D
    I know that I did....and this is where it's taking me...BELOW 250!!
    Can anybody relate with what I am saying?

He he - yes. :D
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yes! Back in eighth grade I laughed at the idea that I would hit 140, telling myself that if I did weigh that much some serious *kitten* would go down (working out extra hard, etc). I tried to imagine myself at 150, but I couldn't...I was absolutely horrified at even thinking about that possibility! Now I weigh 155 or so haha XD Random...

Congrats on your weight loss!! :D
  • missmusicx0x
    Options
    I never felt skinny. Never happy with my weight. I always thought oh if only I was skinnier, that would solve my problems. But the thing I think I've come to realize is, I don't just want to be skinny. I want to do healthy things, make healthy choices, treat my body like the temple it is. I don't think any sort of diet pills or weird lose weight fast diets will do me justice.
    Caring about your health and not the number is what I think will do us the most justice. The weight loss will not only change in number, but we'll also have more energy and enthusiasm when we see it working! You are well on your way there!! It's great to hear the progress you're making :)
  • mklynrswhlr
    Options
    I never felt skinny. Never happy with my weight. I always thought oh if only I was skinnier, that would solve my problems. But the thing I think I've come to realize is, I don't just want to be skinny. I want to do healthy things, make healthy choices, treat my body like the temple it is. I don't think any sort of diet pills or weird lose weight fast diets will do me justice.
    Caring about your health and not the number is what I think will do us the most justice. The weight loss will not only change in number, but we'll also have more energy and enthusiasm when we see it working! You are well on your way there!! It's great to hear the progress you're making :)

Totally true, chica. I love you to death for saying what I failed to say. I don't normally think about anything, but the number because the number just seems to be the only sign we see at some points. Sometimes it's the one thing we look at that really makes us realize something is happening. It takes a while for the healthy kick to come in, yano?

I love you, Cherylin!
    <3
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Great post! :)

I've been reading up about the law of attraction and if you say things like I hope i dont have a car accident, or for example I hope I dont arrive late what happens is what you putting out there always happens even if your saying the word not if that makes sense. So instead of saying I I hope I wont be late say I am in a bit of rush but I will get there on time. The universe is funny like that. Also I have noticed since practicing this it doesnt take me long to find a parking spot! Instead of saying Oh s**** im never going to find one I visualise and no that a parking spot will eventuate for me very soon and in a great spot.

:)
  • mklynrswhlr
    Options
    Great post! :)

Thanks a lot. I'm so excited about all the responses!!
    Love what you had to say....
    I am going to have to try that when trying to get a parking spot at my college parking lot next time... ;)

Thanks a lot for reading and responding. I loved what you had to say about the law of attraction. That's funny, hahahahaa.
    :D
  • missmusicx0x
    Options
    Love you too!

True! but I also think just talking those long walks, feeling rewarded just in that step alone can help us look forward to doing it again and again. exercising should not feel like a chore, basically :) So if we set our minds to enjoy the healthy lifestyle, the weightloss will be a happy bonus :)
  • BelleEns
    BelleEns Posts: 36 Member
    Options

This is so inspiring. Thank you.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you, In Dec.2011 I stared at the scale at 253.3 what!!!! I wen over 250!!!! I felt the same way, wanted to run into a tree and do away with myself. but i decided to calm myself down and do something about it, realistically and right. so here i am 3 months later. I have seen those number go down and i'm like walking on air. I promise it gets easier and better. at first it's hard as you have to make a habit of your new health lifestyle. but don't give up on yourself. If i can do it so can you. much love and success to all. ♥♥♥
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I started at 250 and weighed in today at 224.5 :) The number I am working towards at this very moment is 199!!! I was 199 about 3 kids ago..haha. After I hit onederland I will move on to another goal. But I know that I WILL hit that goal. There is no other choice. I want to have energy and be a good example to my children. They cheer me on and keep me motivated too :) You are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!