favorite diet foods

Options
so part of loosing weight and feeling great is also changing some bad habits. for me this was to stop eating all that junk!
I have felt like I was eating the same things over and over for the past couple of weeks, and that is because I have been, just look at my food diary. So yesterday I went to the grocery to find something NEW!

I tried Lean Cuisine egg rolls. ( I was looking for a quick snack, or something I could eat for lunch at work)
They are delicious. Wondering what other people have discovered that they really like and its healthy for you?

Replies

• moonsforeyes
    Options
    Pop Chips!
  • grammy33
    grammy33 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have found Pretzels help my need for a junk food fix. lower calories and you can eat just one an savor it. the small ones are great.
  • Bergiere
    Bergiere Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fruit's my favorite :)

I don't eat processed diet foods because they usually have too much sodium or other crap in them to make them taste good.
  • MrsMaybe
    MrsMaybe Posts: 4
    Options
    i LOVE pop chips! soo good and you dont have to feel guilty eating them =)
  • brendafnp
    brendafnp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love pop chips with cottage cheese. There are several flavors of pop chips and you can eat about 19 chips for 100 calories.
  • ladybug7858
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips (come in 4 different flavors) Really yummy, sometimes with a little Hummus :) Special K Cereal Bars 90 Calories, Nature Valley Granola Thins (Mmmmm) and we have been making Jello to have for dessert or a sweet little snack!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    -Pita chips & hummus (all different flavors)
    -Cottage cheese with fruit
    -Peanuts
    -Pretzels and peanut butter (or homemade nutella since the store kind has too much sugar)
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I love the Wheat Thins Fiber Select (or Special K crackers) with cottage cheese. Sometimes i have it for lunch.
  • rsmugala
    rsmugala Posts: 35
    Options
    Quaker rice crisps in bluberry or chocolate, great sugar fix!
  • Sepheriel
    Sepheriel Posts: 14
    Options
    I saw those at the store the other day and wondered if they're good. Thanks, now I'll try them :)
  • lucky_74
    lucky_74 Posts: 30
    Options
    I love greek yogurt, Quaker rice crackers and plain rice crackers with peanut butter!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My three fast-food staples are Hardees Turkey Burger without may, Subway's grilled chicken salad (with double meat and no croutons and fat-free dressing), and Cap'n D's Wild Alaska Salmon salad (with the salmon blackened and NO BREAD)

There are not many prepared diet meals I eat anymore, due to the sodium, white flour, and sugar added. Gotta have my Chobani greek yogurts, though! And I keep baby carrots in my truck to snack on instead of eating chips or something like that.

bags of mixed salad greens, especially darker green ones. already washed, easy, and with that handy bar code for scanning into MFP!

Homemade Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce made with Stevia. Especially great mixed with 1 yummy container or Chobani non-fat yogurt and a scoop of cottage cheese. Perfect quick-fix meal!

sauted onions in a bit of olive oil with bell peppers, especially red and orangeblack beans, then add a serving of Fajita chicken strips (pre-cooked in a bag) with spices you like (I use cumin, garlic pepper, salt-free Mrs. Dash, cilantro, chipotle chili poweder, and a pinch of cloves. throw in 1/2 cup of pre-cooked black beans & top with plain greek yougurt sprinkled with smoked paprika. Eat with a toasted low-carb tortilla--totally delicious!
  • phillygirl2012
    Options
    Back to Nature brand products are amazing. I love the mini-vanilla wafer pouch. You get quite a bit for the bag size. The chocolate chip cookies take the edge off my chocolate fix.
  • Tonya0511
    Tonya0511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kale Chips...a tasty 'chip like' snack ...no guilt!

Preheat oven to about 375*
    Tear the leaves off the thick stems into bite size pieces. Spread out on cookie sheet. Drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil
    and sprinkle lightly with sea salt or seasonings of your choice.

Bake for about 15 minutes, until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan. It will no longer be soft but crispy and light like paper...

You will love these and they are good for you too!

Calories per serving of Roasted Kale Chips

36 calories of Kale, (1 cup, chopped)

30 calories of Olive Oil, (0.25 tbsp)

0 calories of Salt, (0.75 dash)

Nutrition Facts

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Serving Size: 1 serving

Amount Per Serving

Calories 66.2

Total Fat 3.9 g

Saturated Fat 0.5 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g

Monounsaturated Fat 2.5 g

Cholesterol 0.0 mg

Sodium 146.2 mg

Potassium 296.4 mg

Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g

Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like baked almonds or cashews for a quick fix, or an apple. I would suggest being careful with Lean Cuisine, particularly the sodium. Pretty much all processed and packaged foods tend to have hidden tricks and traps!
  • Kaitou
    Kaitou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Carrots. I could eat nothing but carrots for the rest of my life if it wouldn't eventually kill me to do so :P
    Burgers? Chips? Sodas? ice cream? pizza? Not when my carrot buddies are in the house.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of processed food. So fruit, nuts and popcorn.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Currently loving for lunch greek pita breads with baba ganoush, tomato, shallots, parsley/spinach, and some radish.

It is so tasty, less than 300 calories, and is full of the right carbs and fats. And it keeps you going!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips!

Best thing ever