Wii fit

Options
bunnyr
bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
Does anyone work out using the Wii? My son is buying a Wii system and I was considering buying a Wii fit or Wii active. My youngest son has been very sick for 10 months and is just recovering. We are looking for some easy and fun ways for him to get back in shape. I would also use it for myself of course! Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bunny

Replies

• AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    Both are great.

The Wii Fit has a more "game" like feel to it so possibly your son would like that. The Wii Active is more like a real work out in my opinion.

I hope your son feels better soon!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, and it is rather enjoyable! I definitely like how it masks exercise. After about 45 minutes on this thing, you definitely feel some muscles that you've never felt before.

I don't have the Wii Active, although I've heard it works well for those serious about getting into shape. Not sure if it's as 'fun' as Wii Fit as I haven't been able to play it. But, I am sure someone will chime in!

-Ian
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    I just read an article that Wii fit doesn't provide a "workout", but something is better than nothing. It also said that the Wii Active is more of a "fitness" program and could provide better results for weight loss. There is also a fitness game by Jillian Michaels that is good.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, and it is rather enjoyable! I definitely like how it masks exercise. After about 45 minutes on this thing, you definitely feel some muscles that you've never felt before.

I don't have the Wii Active, although I've heard it works well for those serious about getting into shape. Not sure if it's as 'fun' as Wii Fit as I haven't been able to play it. But, I am sure someone will chime in!

-Ian

I also have the Wii Fit, and think it's alot of fun. I mainly use it for the jogging, but my husband plays baseball, golf, tennis, etc.
    Just like Ian says, the Active is for those "more serious". Me, I want fairly"easy" as well as fun, and NOT something that will kill me! :laugh:
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hate to go against the great reviews of the Wii Fit, but I was not very impressed. The games were neat for the first 60 minutes..then I stopped. I think it might be for some people- but its hard for me to workout and stay in one place. Running in place just doesn't feel the same to me.
  • jcarter0525
    Options
    I don't particularly like the running in place and all that but I love the hula hoops and the step aerobics! I did it for 30 minutes one night and by the time I was done, I was sweating so bad! There's also a program for toning and strengthening. I did a few reps of this one exercise just to try it out....yea, my thighs hurt for 2 days! I think that's the last time I did it. It's been a while. It is a lot of fun though! My 6 yr old loves to play along with me!
  • SteffCooley
    SteffCooley Posts: 111
    Options
    We have the Wii fit and love it.... however, after you have unlocked all of the games, it can tend to get a little boring. I haven't tried the Wii Active game yet but it looks great. Has anyone tried the latest Wii Resort game? It looks like it would be pretty fun too!!
  • trotters24
    trotters24 Posts: 68
    Options
    I haven't tried Wii Fit but I did recently purchase Wii Active. It is definitely more of a "workout" than games. But you can go in a customize your workout to have it include only the games/sports if you want to. One nice option is that you can select if you want an easy, moderate, or intense workout each time you use it. So days that you are feeling more motivated you can do more. But I would say even the "intense" level felt like it was lacking, and I could have used more of a workout.