Finding it hard

Options
I'm going on holiday in July and only need to lose just over half a stone but I'm finding it so hard . I've upped my exercise recently (walking the dog) but I'm finding I'm hungrier as a result so often resort to snacking on an evening :ohwell: . I know I can do this because I reached the weight I want to be fairly easily about 3 years ago but I'm wondering if anyone like me without lots to lose sabatages their day by doing this too and what do you do to keep yourself on the straight and narrow. Also does anyone find it much harder to even lose a lb or 2 when you are approaching the menopause because the older I get the harder it seems to be.
Thanks

Karen

Replies

• ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Is walking your dog your ONLY exercise? If so, I would probably strength train for sure...whenever I do I actually don't feel hungry at all afterwards, but maybe that's just me haha.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i was snacking in the evening untill i realised by doin this i was sabotaging all my hard work :( so i just stopped snacking and if i feel like i want to snack i tell myself i wont lose any weight this week if i do :grumble: im now on no snacking in the evening day 4 and ive managed to stick to it. im following ww old plan and losing about 0.2lbs a day at the moment and the only exercise i do is walking and i seem to be doing fine :love: just keep at it try and stop snacking and that 7lbs will be gone in no time, i also dont eat my exercise cals cos i gain if i do xxx goodluck babe x
  • kimdwl
    kimdwl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with snacking as long as your fitting it in to your calories for the day.
    I have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and fit it all in under 1300 most of the time.

Are you eating your exercise calories back?

Try to keep good snacks on hand for when you need them.
    I also try to drink some water when i am feeling a little hungry, more often than not I don't need the food after I have had the water.
  • Fowa
    Fowa Posts: 9
    Options
    I lost two years ago and find it very hard to get back there. Yesterday I blew the food chart. We were out and I ate at Mcdonald. I keep busy moving, etc when ever possible so I don't think of food. Stay away from watching tv and all those food comericals.
  • karen250463
    karen250463 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I normally do eat my exercise calories back but maybe it would be better if I only ate about half of them and stayed away from the kitchen in an evening. I start off the week with good intentions but by about Wednesday I've fallen off the wagon and am back to square one. I'm at a weight I don't want to be at this morning due to the Chinese I had last night (I'm sure alot of it will be salt induced) but am really going to try and follow your example sexyminx and try to go snack free in the evenings. Not sure I can stay away from the TV fowa but if I can stay away from the cupboards in the kitchen I should manage a bit better.

Thanks all
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You're probably doing the same thing I did (and still do at times), boredom eating. Retrain your brain, when you feel the urge to nibble have a glass of water or reach for something healthy like a carrot. It takes will power (and we all fall off the wagon occasionally).