One month of heavy lifting, mummy tummy *TMI Pants!*

Options
Ha sorry about the thong! The first pic weren't supposed to be a before pic but it turned out to be one of the best so had to wear the same for my after shot!

This is after a month of heavy lifting eating at a 1lb per week loss deficit. I have 3 kids, youngest being 19 months today. The more I workout the more my belly bar sits up even, rather than sagging down and looking wonky.

zwjgv5.jpg

I did take a back shot but decided it was for my eyes only Ha!
But I am keeping an eye on my 'love handles' so I chopped the pic...

24osf2q.png

And to finish....

23ru79f.jpg

Nutrition wise, I've been limiting carbs to around 100g and getting 100-140g of protein a day. Working on limiting the sugar because I heard it helps with the muffin top!? It's hard though, I'm surprised how much sugar is in things!

Thanks for looking!

P.s Hope the pics work as I've never used TinyPic before.

Replies

• Cityperks
    Cityperks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow....your legs have really trimmed up too. Nice work :0)
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Wow....your legs have really trimmed up too. Nice work :0)

Thank you :-)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I can see a significant difference in your legs especially. You look great! Congrats!
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    I can see a significant difference in your legs especially. You look great! Congrats!

Thank you, I never really noticed the leg improvement!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! What is your strength & ab training routine like?
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I agree...your legs really changed! Congrats!

I'm getting more and more convinced that my mummy tummy isn't going anywhere until I start lifting....
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Please please please share mummy tummy tips and exercises :)
  • CyanideCyster
    Options

Thanks! I've been lifting 3 times a week. I only have 56lbs worth of weights at home so that's what I've gotten up to, joining a gym this week though and thinking about changing my routine to Stronglifts 5x5 once there. Currently doing-

Deadlift 5x5
    Squat 5x5
    Military press 5x5
    Chest press 5x5
    Barbell row 5x5
    Barbell shrug 5x5
    Dumbell chest flies 5x5

On my non lifting days I do a 15 min ab workout that is on youtube and The Butt Bible Lower body but I have only been doing Butt bible for a week.
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Great job! And I agree...your legs really changed! Congrats!

I'm getting more and more convinced that my mummy tummy isn't going anywhere until I start lifting....

Thanks! I think it's really really helped with mine. I was at my goal weight but still not happy. The best body transformations I have seen are by people heavy lifting.
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Please please please share mummy tummy tips and exercises :)

I did the 30 day shred last summer which helped with my stomach loads! Lowering my carbs to around 100g a day and upping my protein really reduced the bloating so nutrition is definitely something to consider along with the exercise :-)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Wow, your legs and stomach look awsome! Great job!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Thanks! I've been lifting 3 times a week. I only have 56lbs worth of weights at home so that's what I've gotten up to, joining a gym this week though and thinking about changing my routine to Stronglifts 5x5 once there. Currently doing-

Deadlift 5x5
    Squat 5x5
    Military press 5x5
    Chest press 5x5
    Barbell row 5x5
    Barbell shrug 5x5
    Dumbell chest flies 5x5

On my non lifting days I do a 15 min ab workout that is on youtube and The Butt Bible Lower body but I have only been doing Butt bible for a week.

Fantastic! And yes, you are right. Heavy lifting does a body good. Congrats again on your progress.
  • Lissa_1234
    Options
    What an amazing change!!!! I think I might copy down your work out!! I need to loose a ton more weight, but I've started "running" it's mostly interval. Anyway, I'm thinking that once I get more into a solid routine that on my "rest days" I'll start some sort of lifting routine. Yours looks like a good one! Keep it up!
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. I do not go to the gym, although I do have free weights at home, I have not used them as I didn't think it would make much difference. But you look amazing! Nice undies too :) haha
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    well done, i agree, the biggest change is in you legs, they look amazing. your hard work is def showing - great results. might even print out your work out ;)
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You have just inspired me to buy some home weights! Used to do body pump a few years ago and loved it, can't afford or fit the gym into life anymore but wow you look hot x
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    What an amazing change!!!! I think I might copy down your work out!! I need to loose a ton more weight, but I've started "running" it's mostly interval. Anyway, I'm thinking that once I get more into a solid routine that on my "rest days" I'll start some sort of lifting routine. Yours looks like a good one! Keep it up!

Definitely start some lifting as soon as you can! If I had my time again I would've started right at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Thanks everyone and feel free to add me, it'd be good to see your progress if you start the same program!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look fab!! There is a real difference in your back as well!! You give me hope to because my lower tum looks a lot like yours did!! Great work!!
  • tarak83
    tarak83 Posts: 40
    Options

Deadlift 5x5
    Squat 5x5
    Military press 5x5
    Chest press 5x5
    Barbell row 5x5
    Barbell shrug 5x5
    Dumbell chest flies 5x5

First of all, well done! You can really see a difference in just one month! I can't wait to see what you look like in another month. :)

Second, thank you so much for posting this. I'm dealing with information overload at the moment, scouring the internet for a good routine to get me started. There's just so much to take in along with conflicting information!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!