Game Console Fitness Programs ....

Options
How about it ? Which one is your fav ? Any success using them ? and what about preferred platform.

Myself I have both the Wii and use Wii Fit Plus and the Xbox Kinect and use Your Shape Fitness evolved.

On my 'off' days i supplement with these console 'workouts' ( amongst other low impact cardio ).

I enjoy doing them and get satisfaction knowing I am not sitting around and actually burning some calories and raising my metabolism ..

What about you ?

Replies

• manda68
    manda68 Posts: 16
    Options
    i have the your shape on the kinnect too and i really enjoy doing it
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    like XBOX Kinect Adventures. If you do that for 1/2 hour you are sweating and your joints ache.
    I also bought Kinect UFC trainer, but it depends on floor work too much and the kinect doens't read that too well.
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How about it ? Which one is your fav ? Any success using them ? and what about preferred platform.

Myself I have both the Wii and use Wii Fit Plus and the Xbox Kinect and use Your Shape Fitness evolved.

On my 'off' days i supplement with these console 'workouts' ( amongst other low impact cardio ).

I enjoy doing them and get satisfaction knowing I am not sitting around and actually burning some calories and raising my metabolism ..

What about you ?

I'd been playing seven different versions of DanceDanceRevolution on my PS2 until it broke recently. I wasn't really seeing progress on the scale (probably like eight pounds total), but I was feeling a lot better about myself. It was great because I could work out inside when it was -17 outside, and I by controlling the difficulty mode I could adapt the challenge to fit how much pain I was in (back pain/sciatica). So when I get back home, I'm getting a new PS2 and trying that some more.
  • _CiaoParis
    _CiaoParis Posts: 166
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus! I love it :) success? I have lost weight while doing Wii Fit, but I also run.
  • zambodiare
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Active game and I am having success with it! I like it because it's more of a circuit training type game. I do the 30 day challenge. The exercises are different each day. Plus it sets it up in three different levels.
  • m1holbrook
    Options
    i play dance dance revolution on my ps2. not really a fitness program and i don't try to use it as one, but hey burning extra calories that i usually wouldn't have is never a bad thing. :3
  • Sunday_Gal
    Options
    I love the Wii Active ...it has several 30 day challenges on it in varying levels of difficulty, easy, moderate and hard. It also has various 10 - 20 minute work-out plans and you can build your own. I am on my second 30 day challenge and I have lost 18 inches in the last 2 months. I highly recommend it. There is a Wii Active 2 out now as well. :bigsmile:
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Active and Active 2. Just changed to Active 2 this week and I feel it is a much more thorough workout.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i have the your shape on the kinnect too and i really enjoy doing it

This!!!!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am still using Wii Fit Plus...I really enjoy Rhythm Boxing and Hula Hoop Plus. Sometimes I use the long distance cycling to kick my butt.
  • Cheryl943
    Cheryl943 Posts: 83
    Options
    Wii fit plus, sport resort and Zumba. Love fit plus, play sport to destress (swordplay is great for that) and Zumba kicks my butt.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have Wii EA Sports Active and Active 2. I completed the 30 day challenge on Active last month and I also do some custom workouts that I created from time to time. I bought Active 2 and just finished the 20 day Cardio Kickstart. It is much more thorough than the Active. Also, I LOVE the step aerobics and cardiob-boxing. I have a few custom workouts that I created that really burn a lot of calories and are a great workout. Since I've been using both, along with doing other activities (Curves and Wii Zumba) and logging my food, I have lost 23 lbs.
  • Michelerainville
    Options
    Great responses ! will have to check out the Active 'game' such great reviews ! Thanks all and GET MOVING ! hehe
  • Troi2012
    Troi2012 Posts: 12
    Options
    Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout on XBox with kinect and UFC Trainer for me.
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    I have Wii EA Sports Active and Active 2. I completed the 30 day challenge on Active last month and I also do some custom workouts that I created from time to time. I bought Active 2 and just finished the 20 day Cardio Kickstart. It is much more thorough than the Active. Also, I LOVE the step aerobics and cardiob-boxing. I have a few custom workouts that I created that really burn a lot of calories and are a great workout. Since I've been using both, along with doing other activities (Curves and Wii Zumba) and logging my food, I have lost 23 lbs.

I use the ps3 version of active. And success is a yes. I can tell my legs are much stronger and I've lost 3 inches in my this. It's a thorough workout. Just finished the 3 week cardio kickstart and now on the 90day program. I also run on the treadmill. Started that this week. I would suggest the ea sports active to anyone. It comes on all three console and the new ones have sensors so you don't have to worry about remotes. Also will tell you what your heart rate is.
  • ElaineWL
    ElaineWL Posts: 7
    Options
    I like Just Dance on Wii, because I find exercise really boring but dancing to tunes I like is fun. And I find if you put enough effort into it you work up a proper sweat and your heart rate increases - how can an hour of that not be good for you?
    I find JD2 much more exertion than JD1....