Options
TTcarey
TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
Okay need help with lunch, Getting sooooo tired of the turkey sandwich! HELP

Replies

• 84bren
    84bren Posts: 5
    Options
    What about a roast beef wrap with horseradish, light mayo, spinach & red onion?
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I cook up a bunch of chicken each week, then weigh it and freeze in individual portions. Then I have spinach salad with feta chicken and balsamic dressing every day for work lunch. It is so yummy I never get sick of it!
  • Vicky_sp
    Vicky_sp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ive jus tbeen to cafe nero and a had a cup of tea with one of there pastas it was only 197 calories!!!!!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I do a protein shake with fruit....Or a sub from subway with apples on the side :-)...........Salad, Veggie wraps, Hungry girl wraps...
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If yo uhave time to prepare it the night before, homemade sushi is great. And don't worry if you don't like raw fish - yo ucan use tuna or salmon or veg and it's just as good. Get hold of a sushi making kit from a supermarket and give it a try ,It's easier than you'd think and the results are tasty. I took some on a picnic yesterday after I'd made it the night before and chilled it overnight.

You could also try things like spinach and feta parcels and mini falafels - you can eat them hot or cold, so I cook them the night before and chill them overnight.

Fruit salads where you eat the rainbow are always great too - get in as many different colurs as you can. The array of flavours will have your tastbuds bursting. Try a few each of strawberries/raspberries, peach/apricot/orange, banana, kiwi fruit, bluberries, grapes/plums, and blackberries - seriously yummy!

I use foods like these all the time for lunches, especially when ging on picnics and I'm always complimented on my interesting choices and I can honestly say they're far more appealing than a limp sarnie. ;)

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • melmarkivee
    Options
    I love me the Pita Pocket. I love to do ham or turkey and low fat cheese. Even better: the starkist tuna pouches are only 100 calories and fit in a pita pocket perfectly. Also, sometimes you're just going to want chips. I have been reaching for the Lays Kettle Cooked Sharp Cheddar chips. Hope this helps! :)
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I make oat bran pita pizzas with lots of veggies. Brush the pita with 2 tsp. low fat Italian dressing. Bake at 375 F* for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons pizza sauce, 1/4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup green pepper & onion (heat in microwave on high for 1 minute to soften) Bake for 8 minutes more until crisp.

I also like the albacore tuna in pouches stuffed into pitas. Mix the tuna with Hellman's olive oil mayo, and I throw in some shredded carrot, onion & lettuce for more veggies. Black bean veggie tacos are good, along with other wraps, etc.