MFP exercise calories

Options
hey all,

so my weight hasnt changed at all since last Sunday so iv decided to half the exercise "calories burned" that MFP tells me. is this wise?

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    1. A lot of people eat 50-75% of cals back rather than 100% to account for inaccuracies in calories burned and food logging.

2. Losing weight is not linear. If you set yourself up to expect a very specific loss every week you may become frustrated and disappointed. I suggest taking some measurements as well as weighing, and look at your weight loss overall from month to month. Weighing each week is fine, but not losing one week doesn't mean much.
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1. A lot of people eat 50-75% of cals back rather than 100% to account for inaccuracies in calories burned and food logging.

2. Losing weight is not linear. If you set yourself up to expect a very specific loss every week you may become frustrated and disappointed. I suggest taking some measurements as well as weighing, and look at your weight loss overall from month to month. Weighing each week is fine, but not losing one week doesn't mean much.

Good advice!
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i dont want to eat back and not have burned all those calories in the first place, but then i dont want to underestimate and and not have enough food. if only i could afford one of these gadgets that would be accurate for me