Protein shake

I am thinking about getting some sort of protein shake(to replace some meals with)...was looking in wal-mart and a natural foods store in Rochester New York..just was wondering..
1. What is your fav one?
2. What do you spend on yours?
3. Where do you buy yours??

Replies

• rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    I use the Walmrt whey protien sometimes. The price is good and the chocolate flavor is the best. I mostly use ON 100% whey .

Just make sure you are still eating real food. This protien is low in calories but, it is not "food". Meaning it has no nutritional value other than protien and amino acids.

However, I have 30g for breakfast, 30g after my workout, eat lunch, maybe walk later, eat dinner. This way I still get my 3k+ calories and I don't have to eat all day. I lose weight and stay healthy. So please still eat!
  • Try Body By Vi from Visalus Science.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    I use the Jillian micheals whey. Chocolate and vanilla. I make fruit ones and chocolate ones. Today I made one with peanut butter , banana, and a scoop of the chocolate ptrotein. I usually use the vanilla for the fruit ones. It's cost about 10$ a lil tub
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    By the way..read the labels a lot of "protien" drinks are really bad ie;fat, high calories, sugar... Whey is all you need. Whey Isolate is the purest and most expensive, The walmart, I think it's bodyfortress, is still great and only like fifteen bucks.

Also, the best results I have had is 30g at a time or less. I don't think most people can proccess more than that so don't waste it.

good luck with you
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    thanks for the replies..they were much need :)

yes i was looking @ whey in wal-mart it sounded good but just wanted to see what other people got..

thanks again :smile: