47 lbs down- with excess skin :(

Options
Hey everyone! So i have a slight dilemma.

I belong to LA fitness and they only allow you to have a trainer if you sign up for a minimum of 3 months- seeing the trainer EVERY WEEK. I do not have the money to do that- but I need some toning advice so i thought i would ask you all.

I have lost 47 lbs so far- goal is 8 more to put me at 5'0" and 115 lbs. However, In the process my stomach is incredibly flabby, with lots of stretch marks. Obviously with summer quickly approaching i would like to be comfortable in a bikini but my stomach really turns me off.

Right now at the gym im going 4 days a week, strength training approx 45 - 60 min including abs everyday and alternating arms and legs on other days. Cardio 30-45 mins/day 4 days a week.

Any advice on toning up this excess skin and minimizing the stretch marks? Im willing to try out any new work out regimens.

thanks
danielle.

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'd also love the answer to this. Great post.
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump! Me too!
  • RedJem
    RedJem Posts: 4
    Options
    HI, I will start by first saying a really big congtatulations i think you have been doing a fabulous job on your weight loss.
    I do not have an answer exactly yet for you. But i will look into it for you. My sister is a trainer . Maybe she has some advice on the topic other than surgery.
  • spiritmachine
    Options
    Ask your nearest plastic surgeon. If you really do have excess skin it can't really be worked off. Not to be a downer. It's not that big of an operation though.
  • jm614212
    jm614212 Posts: 5
    Options
    There have been amazing reviews on red light therapy. I go to Planet Fitness and they have it but a lot of tanning salons have it now. Check it out!
  • DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    My understanding is it takes time for the skin to go back to normal, and there may be some parts that just don't ever look right.