Help...

Options
Hi, I am a new member of MFP and I need help! I have gained a substantial amount of weight in the last 5 years because of bad breakups/relationships and just life in general. I have tried so many times to start my weight loss back to what my body used to be but I get so discouraged and it becomes a viscous cycle. I don't know where to start. I am worried that because I gained the weight so quickly I will have sagging skin and my stretch marks will be loose and wrinkly. I don't know what to eat or what exercise to do to prevent those things from happening. I would like to get back down to my goal weight of 115 lbs, and am currently at 230 lbs. I have never had a baby and am 27 years old. I am 5'2" and have an athletic build. Most of my weight is in my butt, thighs, stomach and back. Any help is greatly appreciated. I want this to be the last time I start this journey.

Replies

• pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    your welcome to add me as a friend if you want. I log in every day and will do my best to motivate you.
  • EAVA
    EAVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi add me as a friend
    I am new here too, just started yesterday, it looks like we have a same goal to achieve
    but I am older then you, age 56, height 5'2 ,my weight is 226, I have 4 children and 6 grand children
    I am worry about hanging skin too, but I think that with coming summer
    biking, swimming and sun bathing would do good to my elastic skin
    you are much younger so your skin is more elastic then mine
    I have no friend or family to support me, they love me but they sabotage me,
    my friends are chubby like me inviting me for a coofee and cookies
    it was my B-day couple day ago and I got so many chocolate boxes, and huge chocolate cake
    I put 1/2 chocolate cake in the freezer, hide chocolate boxes in the cabinet,
    yesterday evening my husband open one chocolate box and put in on the tablein front of me while we were watching Tv.
    So I just closed the box , put it back in the closet and brought 2 oranges and arranged them as a flower on the plate
    asking him politely, please do not sabotage me like that again, I need to loose weight.
    Today morning my husband went for a business trip so I put the opened chocolate box in his suit case:laugh:
    today is Sunday, I decided to try motivate me more with faith
    and walk 5 miles to the church trough parks and small forest
    just enjoy my day alone concentrating not on food how much could I eat to feed my body
    but on my soul what would make me happy today
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. It is a hard battle, but it can be done with enough motivation.
  • courtneycleveland85
    Options
    Hi,

This is a tough journey but Myfitnesspal is great! log your food everyday it helps to see what you are putting in your mouth. Drink plenty of water (which I am still struggling with) and find exercise that you like and will stick with. Everyone on here is super awesome add lots of friends, we all help and motivate each other! Wish you the best of luck!!
  • slimkitty80
    Options
    Hi
    You sound just like me!! Im 31, 5'2 and 196lbs well 192 but ive lost 4lb since I started on Tuesday (probably all the bloating disappearing!) And like you i carry it all around my middle, hips and thighs!

Im yet to commit to an exercise schedule i can stick to - I just need some help in sorting that bit out. I need encouragement too so add me as a friend if you like - In fact anyone reading this feel free to add, i need the encouragement and support!! :tongue:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You landed on the right planet. :-) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bechtel1979
    Options
    SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST, I HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS BUT I DONT WANT TO BREAK THE RULES OF MFP. I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHAT I POST ON THE FORUMS. THIS CONFUSES ME CAUSE FOR SOME I ONLY HAVE ONE SOLUTION FOR HELPING THEM BUT CANT POST IT.MY SUGGESTION IS STAY HERE FOR MOTIVATION, ALSO THERE IS NO ONE SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE.HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY
  • DawnEMac
    DawnEMac Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I have just joined myself and find this site incredible and such a great help, especially with intake of food and already today, I have been encouraged by the blogs on here to do my exercise, exercise being the worst for me as I hate it, so I am sure you will find a lot of encouragement on here as we all here for the same purpose and know how hard it is to loose weight and be motivated every day to do so. Good luck with it and feel free to add me, I could also do with loads of motivation.
  • smiles444409
    smiles444409 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    EAVA, I just wanted to says that was very inspiring. I would love to be your friend. Its good to get all the support you can. I think you did good with the chocolates. Just remember your doing it for you! You deserve it!