Newbie here!

Options
Hi! My name is Lauren and I'm new to myfitness pal.

I recently stepped on the scale to find that I had gained a little over 40 pounds. It had been a slow process and I knew it was happening, but I did nothing to stop it. Needless to say...I'm frustrated with myself. I finally decided that I needed to stop feeling sulking and being upset, and that I needed to get off my butt and do something about it! So far, I've a lost a total of 7 pounds; however, I still have a ways to go before reaching my goal. Which is why I'm here.

I was hoping I'd find be able to use this as a tool to help me reach my goal. I'm also hoping to find some people that I can be motived with!

Replies

• Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi lauren, welcome to the board.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren and welcome to MFP!

I know exactly what you've gone through cause the exact same thing happened to me! It was slow, gradual gain and I was aware of it but figured I'd do something about it later. Next thing I know I'm significantly heavier than I've ever been in my life. It's great you've started working but it's so much easier when you have a community of people to encourage and support and have encourage and support you!

Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren! Glad you are here
  • Lauren19832012
    Options
    Thanks you guys!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me also anyone, the support and friendships I have made on here has helped me out a lot, good luck to you!!
  • bechtel1979
    Options
    YOUR IN THE RIGHT PLACE . WE ARE ALL HERE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER TO MEET OUR INDIVIDUAL GOALS. MY BIGGEST SUGGESTION TO ALL IS THAT YOU MUST THROUGH AWAY ALL JUNK, INCLUDING SUGAR. SUGAR ALONE WILL PUT ON 30 POUNDS A YEAR. ALSO NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MAY HATE WATER. WATER SHOULD BE YOUR BEST FRIENDS , ALONG WITH SUPPLEMENT, AND HEALTHY FOODS. SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST. HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY.
  • looby_loo91
    Options
    Hey Lauren, feel free to add me, sounds a little like a similar situation to mine! Enjoying getting into the gym and seeing the pounds come off each week though, looking forward to it being a permanent change for me this time not just a short term fix! x
  • 1derfuldia
    1derfuldia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, Please feel free to add me as a friend. I love the motivation I get from MFP friends. It really helps.
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    This is really a great site!!! I love the support of all my friends. I sent you a friend request. :smile: