Opinions on the Rowing Macine?

Options
I have been thinking about getting a rowing machine, it is a full body workout and I'm super interested. The one I am looking at is around $900 but supposedly it is one of the best and I just so happen to NOT be over the weight limit :grumble: Anyways I want to know if it is as good a workout as I think it will be and if you feel it is worth the money.

Thanks!

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    bump

I didn't even know they still made these. So I am VERY interested because I have always wanted one too.
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    You looking at the concept2 D? I want one so bad. They are totally worth it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    They have a couple of them at my gym. I really like it as a supplement to other cardio because I feel like it gives me a better upper body workout. I don't know if I would feel like it is "enough" for me personally to have only that.
  • neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Concept2 is probably the best one! They're awesome. I'm a former rower and I can tell you, that machine kicked my sorry booty into shape! Just make sure you look at youtube videos for proper form so that you don't injure yourself and you get the most out of your workout :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    The rowing machine always kicks my proverbial.
    It's hard work, it does give you a good aerobic workout, and works your back and arms reasonably well too. In terms of building strength, obviously it's not going to match lifting, in that regard, but yeah, I'd say it's a good machine. If I were buying something for my home, this would probably be what I'd go for.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The rowing machine always kicks my proverbial.
    It's hard work, it does give you a good aerobic workout, and works your back and arms reasonably well too. In terms of building strength, obviously it's not going to match lifting, in that regard, but yeah, I'd say it's a good machine. If I were buying something for my home, this would probably be what I'd go for.

I wish my gym had both a rowing machince and one of those machines that simulate rock climbing. I'd love to have more cardio options than just treadmill, eliptical, and wave glider.
  • Nikki206
    Nikki206 Posts: 69
    Options
    You looking at the concept2 D? I want one so bad. They are totally worth it.

YEAH! This is the one I was looking at =)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Rowing is an excellent cardio machine. People who row for cardio have better backs and shoulders than those who just do elliptical and treadmills from my observations.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Nikki206
    Nikki206 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm no where near the 500 lb. limit but the cheaper ones only go up to 225 or 250. By the time I save up for this one though, I'll probably be down to that but with the reviews I read they said it's not as much of a workout with the cheaper ones. You get what you pay for I guess.

http://www.amazon.com/Concept2-Model-Indoor-Rowing-Machine/dp/B001A0ZT2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332093121&sr=8-1