grill season!!

Options
Abrowe313
Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
post up your favorite things to cook on the grill !! include pics if you have them heres what i made for lunch today lemon pepper chicken kabobs marinated over night threw in a little cayane pepper, rosemary and garlic into the marinade, came out amazing!

422467_409827022365853_100000156750502_1847165_2010120866_n.jpg

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Not quite BBQ season here in the UK but not far away.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Oh gee, just about anything! We love grilling.

We grilled ribeyes last night, honey dijon chicken breasts the night before, jalapeno cheddar brats the night before that. Of course there's always venison burgers, turkey burgers, beef burgers, pork chops.

I like to try out different marinades and get a lot of recipes from allrecipes.com

We grill corn on the cob, vegetables in foil packs, asparagus, and pineapple on skewers.
  • Lauren19832012
    Options
    I don't have any pics, but last night I grilled some asparagus. It was sooo good! I really don't have a method; each time, I use different spices. But it always comes out so yummy! Definitely my favorite thing to grill!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers are my favorite. I just bought some today. :) I haven't made them yet though.

Also, this year I got a tray to set on the grill so I can cook veggies in it, kind of like a stir fry. I haven't tried it out yet, but when I do, I'll report back.
  • Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! Hubby is wishing for a new BBQ this week lol
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I love asparugus on the BBQ. I put mine on tinfoil, drizzle some low cal margarine on it , put a few dollops of fat free sour cream, then sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, wrap up and voila!! Note: amounts will vary depending on how mush you do. This has been a big hit with family and friends...so easy and so yummy. Also like to cook chicken with lemon juice squeezed on it and Java ribs...YUMMY! No pics, as it is not BBQ day today...LOL. Enjoy!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Love to grill! Tonight's menu lemon pepper shrimp kabobs, grilled asparagus and baked potatoes. Maybe some broccoli slaw too.

Going to grill salmon too, for later in the week. YUM
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My new favourite is bbq pizza (from scratch...none of those frozen cardboard frizbees that are full of crap). It can be a pain in the *kitten* to get right but I'll never make pizza in the oven again. It tastes fantastic!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers are my favorite. I just bought some today. :) I haven't made them yet though.

Also, this year I got a tray to set on the grill so I can cook veggies in it, kind of like a stir fry. I haven't tried it out yet, but when I do, I'll report back.
    I have one of those - it's sort of a square wok for the grill - I use it all summer for grilling vegetables. Love picking fresh veggies from my garden, tossing them with some olive oil & balsamic, a few herbs, and grilling them in that pan. Delicious!
    My new favourite is bbq pizza (from scratch...none of those frozen cardboard frizbees that are full of crap). It can be a pain in the *kitten* to get right but I'll never make pizza in the oven again. It tastes fantastic!
    It is my goal this year to bbq a pizza! I keep saying I'm going to try it, but still haven't - any tips or tricks for getting it on or off the grill?
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It is my goal this year to bbq a pizza! I keep saying I'm going to try it, but still haven't - any tips or tricks for getting it on or off the grill?

1. Pre-heat grill. I put it to max heat just to get it warmed up quickly, then I clean it and lower it to medium.
    2. Stretch out your dough. Don't make to too thin or it will tear when you transfer to/from the grill. If you have a pizza paddle thingy, use it, but I just put mine on a greased upside down cookie sheet and lift it off the sheet and onto the grill.
    3. Take wadded up paper towel in your bbq tongs and dip in olive oil, grease your grill (get the whole thing, the dough can be unwieldy!).
    4. The hard part: transfer your dough onto the grill. This takes practice and your first few pizzas will probably be funny shapes (whatever, they still taste good); close the lid!
    5. Check on the dough periodically, when you start to see big bubbles on the surface, it's probably done. Check the underside to make sure there are nice grill marks and it's evenly browned. If one spot cooks quicker than another, turn the dough around (but DON'T flip it yet!).
    6. Take your half cooked dough off and put it on the wrong side of your cookie sheet (or a plastic/glass cutting board, whatever is easiest). Flip it grilled side up on your cookie sheet/cutting board and top with sauce/toppings/cheese (I highly recommend sprinkling your sauce with oregano before adding the toppings!). Don't overload it! You may want to precook some of your veggies/meat if you like them more on the done end of the spectrum than the raw end.
    7. Grease your grill again and turn it down to low. Now the second hardest part: get your topped pizza back on the grill! I usually rest the baking sheet on the edge of the grill and just slide it off (another step that takes practice).
    8. Close the lid and let it cook! Check on it occasionally to make sure the bottom isn't getting over done and that the cheese is melting. I find it helpful to slide the pizza all the way to one side and then crank the opposite side to warm the interior and melt stuff without burning the crap out of my pizza.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    veggies on the grill are definately my favorite way to eat them

i put fresh asparagus in tin foil with a couple chopped up garlic cloves olive oil and basil and it comes out awesome.

i do the same thing with sliced up green and yellow squash!

never thought about pizza on the grill though! lol
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Chicken and any veggies are great done in Balsamic vinagrette,~ although high in sodium...YIKES!