Why do I weigh 200 pounds?

I was 210 when I started. I've been logging for 1-2 months. In that time, there hasn't been a single day where I've had enough of a deficit to weigh 200 pounds even after 5 weeks. I decided to make my weigh-in time 7:15 on Sundays (For reasons not necessarily related to fitness. Sunday is my day off and I'm trying to fight the temptation to sleep in). I weighed myself today and it came out to 200, I was a little surprised, but I recorded and then, being the responsible citizen I am, went back to bed. I woke up about an hour ago and thought "There's no way that's right. It must have been on 205 and I thought 200 because I was in a stupor." So I got up, drank some water and weighed myself again. Still 200.

The most likely culprit, would be dehydration, but I'm rarely fully hydrated and I'm pretty sure right now is an above average point for me in regards to water. So, what's going on?

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Possibly you were retaining when you took your initial weight and are retaining less now.
    Potential overestimation of calories consumed.
    Potential undererestimation of calories expended through exercise/daily living.
    Potential misestimation of BMR by MFP.
    Potential variation in what you were wearing during weigh-in.
    Many other random reasons.
  • renroh0
    renroh0 Posts: 7
    Sounds good. I'm still going to see if it sticks before I start adjusting my goals