Has anyone lost weight doing water aerobics?

Options
I am doing water aerobics twice a week, Zumba once, Hip Hop Aerobics once, and two days walking on a treadmill. I was curious to know if anyone has done water aerobics and lost weight. If so how much did you lose, how long did it take, and how often were you doing it?

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My nerd mom does almost only water aerobics, and she's been doing it about a year or so, and she's lost about 60 lbs, but she's also changed her diet.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/almalphia You can find her here; she sometimes walks as well.
  • Alainasmyworld
    Alainasmyworld Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Lol, I subbed for water aerobics instructors at my old gym. I swear there is more conversation then exercise going on in those classes than any others.
    But they do have their place in fitness especially with those who have joint and pain issues from weight. But as mentioned, diet has more to do with weight loss than any other factor.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Lol, I subbed for water aerobics instructors at my old gym. I swear there is more conversation then exercise going on in those classes than any others.
    But they do have their place in fitness especially with those who have joint and pain issues from weight. But as mentioned, diet has more to do with weight loss than any other factor.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:smile:
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do water fitness 3 times a week and lost a lot plus it helps tighten up you skin! It's great for the body
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the last time i wore my hrm to class i burned about 350 calories. i was also going all out on the exercises and nit talking as much as the other people...
    i personally wouldn't make it my primary exercise for weight loss since the majority of my workouts burn about 3 times that in the same amount of time and those routines also have post workout benefits that water aerobics dont. since my gym had a class every day, i will go on days that i have scheduled as rest but feel like going to a pool and splashing around.

by the way its really awkward when everyone in a class is being a chatty cathy and you're in 'eye of the tiger' mode lol