Scale = Enemy

Options

Replies

• seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    To those who weight every day.....Do you plan to weigh yourself everyday for the rest of your life? Or only until you reach your goal?.....

I weigh once a week but the week before last it was twice...Second time was because I went into hospital for a small procedure...Their scale weighed me 3 kgs less them my own scale....I was very tempted to sneak it into my bag and bring it home but I think they might have caught me....
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, after I've been to the loo and before I eat or drink anything - buck nekkid to get my truest weight. I do it to keep myself on track. I know there will be fluctuations up and down, and I acept that. I use it so that I cannot make excuses and think "Well, I'm not weighing in for another 4 days, so I can have a blow-out today and still pull it all back by then." Every time I go down I log that weight as my lowest to date and it stays at that on my log till it goes down again. I usually don't fluctuate up the way for more than a dayor two or by more than a pound or so. Then it comes back down to the logged weight, then it creeps down another notch and I log it again. :)

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

This is what I do exactly!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself everyday since I was a teen. The only time I stop is if I have moved and I haven't unpacked th scale or if the battery dies or something happens to it and it takes me awhile to replace it. Thus I know I won't be stopping during maintenance. It's a lifelong habit that developed many moons ago.
  • kassiechambliss
    kassiechambliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday, and I lost 60 pounds, BUT I gained quite a bit of it back. I was obsessing over my weight and not my life and health. I don't advise doing that, as I am now beginning this journey again (at least a little bit lighter this time). Once a week so that you keep yourself in check, realizing that you are working for something seems okay to do. I do it in the morning before I drink, eat, or shower... and after I use the restroom.
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, I went from 320lb to 174lb with 20% BF, now I am 186lb 9% body fat but I still "feel" exactly the same as when I was 320lb so I need to constantly see the number to believe it
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself only in the mornings. So far I've been doing it every day but I've pretty much decided to do it only once a week. Your body's weight fluctuates almost constantly throughout the day. So waking up and seeing yourself at one weight than doing it again a few hours later and seeing you've gained really doesn't help the process, at least for me anyway. I also have to keep telling myself I'm building muscle and losing weight right now, since I'm still fairly new, and that muscle weighs more than fat. So I try to take the scale with a tad of salt. It's not lying to me about what I weigh, but I try not to get discouraged. Measuring Inches for me is where it's at right now.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week, cause I am in a group as well, but I was getting very discouraged by the scale not
    moving even though I was losing inches. I am not getting on another scale until the end of the month.
  • sunnykm
    sunnykm Posts: 24
    Options
    I weigh my self every morning after doing the washroom thing, this way I am ahead of game and can plan my eating for the day based on morning weight, trust me it works. to me scale is my Pal. Also in kitchen too, I weigh everything I eat so my portions are what they should be. No Guesses!!!!!
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I try to do it once a month. Sometimes I do it during the month out of curiosity.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Usually every Sunday, however, part of my Lenten sacrifice was to put the scale away (since I LOVE weighing!) so it's been a month...and I still have a few weeks to go. *Sigh*
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning. I tired every day for a while and it made me crazy with some major swings in weight lost or gained. One day up 1-2 lbs then down .50 the next day aghhhhhh !!! :grumble: One a week works best for me. :smile:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Never. Don't own a scale. Go by my clothes and how I feel physically and mentally. I hate a #. I tend to get obsessed if it isn't the number I think it should be.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    every 1-2 weeks
  • tek254
    tek254 Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a day(pathetic), including at the gym (which varies as much as 10 pounds between their three scales). I even find myself weighing myself at stores of they have a really good one for sale. I am such a loser. I then proceed to go insane from the fluctuations I see after eating, working out, sleeping all day due to disease, etc. I guess my point is I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to weighing in. Add this to the many flaws I have.
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    once a week officially, sometimes mid week I hop on because I am curious. I do not want the number to get the best of me. It is only a number it is not making me who I am.
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Instead of weighing in, why don't you measure? :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself at the same time -daily..! That is just to keep me focused...I find it works for me to keep me on track.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I had mine exorcised.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheGoblinRoad/view/the-exorcism-of-the-bathroom-scale-221819

I weigh in a few times a week, but I don't worry too much. :)
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself like twice a week. i like to know where im at according to the scale. it helps keep me on track. :)
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but sometimes if I've gained I won't weigh myself as much and use that time to get back on track. I have an obsession with the scale. It's so frustrating to see how my body fluctuates day after day. I fluctuated between 2 and 3 lbs for an entire month.