Any low carb success stories?

Options
I did low carb a few years ago & did very well but I got tired of not being able to eat all of the carbs I used to so I resorted back to my old ways :( Has anyone on here done low carb & kept the weight off? Any tips? And feel free to post before & after pics.

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I just started Keto on March 1st, how long were you on it before you gave up? The first few weeks are the worst, you go through withdrawals basically. But once you get past that it's smooth sailing.
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was on Atkins for probably almost 2 months. I'd say I lost 20 lbs...can't remember exactly but I did love how I looked. I just feel you eat the same things and I get tired of that.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Yepp...kept it off for over 3 years...back on it now though..another 13 lb and i`m done..
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to get to your goal weight & how much did u have to lose?
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I`m 13lb off my goal weight and i`ve been serious on and off for around 3 years..
  • JezKnowsBest
    Options
    I did low carb high fat after having my second baby 6 months ago. Lost 54lbs in that time, I'm now back to pre-pregnancy weight :)
    LCHF is where you cut carbs, sugar, starch etc but eat high fat foods to fill you up like full-fat milk/yogurt/cheese and you can also eat vegetables except root veg like carrots, potatoes, parsnips etc and fruit as a treat. Didn't get hungry and the weight dropped off pretty fast! Good luck x
  • florory
    florory Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lb and followed this...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neris-Indias-Idiot-Proof-Diet-From/dp/0141027436/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332109607&sr=8-1

Unlike Atkinsm there are stages where you gradually re-introduce good carbs. The weight has stayed off for me.
  • RainbowPearl
    RainbowPearl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lb and followed this...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neris-Indias-Idiot-Proof-Diet-From/dp/0141027436/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332109607&sr=8-1

Unlike Atkinsm there are stages where you gradually re-introduce good carbs. The weight has stayed off for me.
    [/quote}

Don't know what Atkin's diet you were following, but I do Atkins and have lost weight. Right now I am in Phase 1. There are 4 Phases. By the time you get to Phase 4, you have re-introduced brown rice, potatoes, whole wheat pasta, fruits. You're back to eating a balanced diet. It is restrictive at first, but it doesn't stay that way. There are so many low-carb recipes on the internet too so that you have a lot of variety in you meals. You just have to look on the net and you'll find all kinds of thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!