So I just bought Insanity....

Options
I know so many people at work and on here that RAVE about it. Tell me the truth, I'm gonna die aren't I?

Replies

• Meiplé
    Meiplé Posts: 50
    Options
    hahahaha :laugh: probably!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes you will :laugh:
  • blueivycarter
    Options
    i almost died
  • krehm0721
    Options
    You can bet on that...However on the positive it really works I have personally watched the transformation but it will add muscle definition. That is why I don't do it. I want tone not definition.
    Karey
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! I'm on day 3 and it is soooooooo appropriately titled! I've never done a DVD before that actually encourages taking breaks or brings you to the point that you absolutely have to take a few seconds off here and there. With Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme you should not be taking breaks - sorry but that looks pretty weak if you do with those programs. With Insanity....... it's just insane!

I only paid $30 for mine (love Craigs List - got all my programs for <$50 there) so it was totally worth it.
  • Ramona73
    Ramona73 Posts: 3
    Options
    Honey get ready to......SHAUN -T IS GOING TO BE YOUR WORSE ENIMY .....for the next 60 day i completed phase 1...now starting Insanity Max.........BLOOD...GUT......SWEAT....VOLMIT type of workout......good luck......and YES it works if you do it right.....you will see results in 10 days but please be careful and pace your self !!!!
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I started it, I was out of shape soooo bad. So I ended up doing what I could. Those jumps where they touch their knees were impossible for me. So instead I would do pushups or situps. When I started to get better, I would do squats with small weights and the mountain climb with small weights to try to make up for what I couldn't do. It really works though even if you modify it yourself! The trick is to just keep moving!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    it's hard! I made it to the 4th week and then I quit. I want to finish it someday, but it's just not for me right now. I really like Shaun T. though, he's really motivating!
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well the reason I went with this one over a lot of others is that it's self paced. I'm in the Army so I'm not TOTALLY out of shape, but an injury kept me couch bound for a few months, and then the XBox kept me there even longer lol, laziness breeds laziness :wink: I'll try anything once and everyone has been telling me that this should get me back where I'd like to be :happy:
  • Dedicated4life
    Dedicated4life Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie it's going to kick your butt. You just need to remember that you are not at Shaun T's level yet, so you really need to listen to your body when it needs a break. Drink lots of water before and after your work out also keep you calories up, you will need them. No matter how hard it is don't give up just motifiy your work outs that are hard for you. You can do it and when you do you will feel awesome!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I almost puked three times during the Fit Test - haven't gone past that yet...

Good luck though and hopefully your corpse will have a great body! :laugh:
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    So you just wasted money.........

Only a smart person will get what I am trying to say.

And here's a hint. Think long and hard.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just saw the commercial for it. I want to try it, but I am so out of shape I have a hard time completeing a normal workout video. I think I would throw up and pass out.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! I'm on day 3 and it is soooooooo appropriately titled! I've never done a DVD before that actually encourages taking breaks or brings you to the point that you absolutely have to take a few seconds off here and there. With Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme you should not be taking breaks - sorry but that looks pretty weak if you do with those programs. With Insanity....... it's just insane!

I only paid $30 for mine (love Craigs List - got all my programs for <$50 there) so it was totally worth it.
    I downloaded to fit test for Insanity and only get through 15 minutes at most. Turbo Jam, I don't take a "break" but I DO stop moving long enough to curse our Chalene (who is missing an R in her name) and to catch my breath.

Personally I wouldn't do a full program of Insanity, but more power to anyone that does.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 6 of Insanity and LOVE it. Yes, Shaun T kicks my *kitten* like no one else before but the results are worth it. I thought I was insane for buying it but knew I would get the results I needed from it. Shaun T is so motivating and the results I have already seen are encouraging me to get thru the workouts. I want my damn T-Shirt!!!!! Good luck!!! Hope u enjoy it as much as I am :)