Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas that are less than 350 calories

Options
Queenie000
Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
Hello -

I am new to mfp, but am already enjoying the overall positiveness of this website and it is motivating me to lose that 100 lbs that i need to. But, I always struggle with ideas of what to eat for breakfast. If i could, i would eat eggs and potatoes every day, but obviously that isn't the way to go if i am trying to lose weight.
I am open to ideas and am looking for vegetarian breakfast ideas/recipes that are less than 350 calories.
Thanks!

Replies

• fufi32
    fufi32 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi,
    There's nothing wrong with eggs you just have to be creative.
    Try 3 egg whites & 1 whole egg, pop it in the microwave for 45 seconds.
    Grab a whole wheat english muffin, 1 slice of turkey bacon and low fat cheese. You have an egg & cheese sandwich for breakfast. Definately less than 350 calories.
    You can also get 1 pack of the instant oatmeal reduced sugar whatever flavor you like. Add a cup of fresh fruit (strawberrie) & 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and you have a breakfast of champions!:tongue:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have two main breakfasts that I eat. 1. Oatmeal with 1 TBSP protein powder and 15g salt free slivered almonds (dry roasted). And 1 banana. 2. hardboiled egg whites (4) with 2 TBSP hummus (any kind you like, but I usually use roasted red pepper hummus) and toast.

For me, breakfast is my biggest meal by calories. And I have to have protein in every meal or else I am hungry again in an hour.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    2 egg xtra veggie(s from last night) omelette and half a slice of wheat toast. drink green tea or water with lemon/lime to wake up without the calories!
  • nicrock
    nicrock Posts: 3
    Options
    Grab a whole wheat english muffin, 1 slice of turkey bacon and low fat cheese.

uhm,
    that's not vegetarian? :huh:
  • Queenie000
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I will try some of these ideas... If you have any others though, keep them coming...
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Tofu! Its super tasty and has protein and is low cal!

My recipe for scrambled tofu:
    For 1 person

1/5 of Extra Firm Tofu (water filled tub kind works best)
    assorted veggies (spinach, onions, tomatoes, etc)
    a few dashes of curry powder (mainly for color)
    onion powder
    salt/pepper
    1 tsp oil or oil spray

Sautee veggies with oil or spray oil until soft, crumble tofu over veggies (you can use your clean hands or a fork to crumble it) and add seasonings to taste and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
  • tori_anne
    tori_anne Posts: 28
    Options
    Grab a whole wheat english muffin, 1 slice of turkey bacon and low fat cheese.

uhm,
    that's not vegetarian? :huh:

HAHA I laughed!

But what is vegetarian, my take on the egg and cheese breakfast muffin:

A low calorie english muffin (, toasted, three egg whites, a slice of 2% or no fat kraft cheese melted with 2 strips of Morningstar fake bacon, I believe that's somewhere around 260 calories, and it's really delicious!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    -Two slices of weight watchers whole wheat bread, with 2tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
    -1/2 cup of yogurt with 1/2 cup of bulk granola, and a banana
    -cottage cheese and apple butter
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My best meals are without bread. :sad: :grumble:

Brown rice - scrambled eggs - steamed (or frozen) veggies
    in pretty even proportions w/extra veggies.........

I find this to be very satisfying & I don't get
    hungry or crave anything before lunchtime.
  • Queenie000
    Options
    Thanks again. I have always been curious to try tofu for breakfast, eat it at dinner and lunch, but for some reason never think of it for breakfast. I will have to try that scramble.

Brown rice scramble sounds good too! I guess i have never thought of rice for breakfast either, but love brown rice so will give it a shot.

Also, love that fake bacon, egg and cheese muffin sounds great too, i am going to have one of these this am, but without the bacon (i don't have any right now.

Msarro- what is apple butter? I have heard it mentioned before but don't actually know what it is?

Thanks again!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 egg whites
    1/4 cup broccoli or asparagus
    1 tbsp Light Ricotta cheese
    1/2 whole wheat pita

Cook the egg whites and broccoli together, spread the ricotta on and fold, insert into pita.

Apple butter is a highly concentrated form of apple sauce, produced by long, slow cooking of apples with cider or water to a point where the sugar in the apples caramelizes, turning the apple butter a deep brown.

It's very good!