Wanted: Anti-Binging Buddy!!! :D

Options
2»

Replies

• gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Okay. As far as my diet & exercise goes, I am REALLY happy with how I eat!
    So if you're happy with how you eat, then why the binging? Binging happens when people WANT more then they aren't getting in most cases.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    I felt this was unnecessary and insensitive.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So if you're happy with how you eat, then why the binging? Binging happens when people WANT more then they aren't getting in most cases.

IDEA Fitness member
    Why? It's addressing the issue at hand. It's not a personal attack, but a question of why the binging if everything is apparently right?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    First things first, I'm in add me if you would like. I have a few friends. On here and they are all supper supportive. I always like to add more. I'm on my phone app quite a bit ( I might have a small addiction) I have a cheat day one a week, it's good for me.hope that I can help.

Now on to that whole if you're happy with your diet food you wouldn't binge conversation. If we ate healthy allthe time mostof us wouldn't be.counting calories. Fact is most peoples favorite things are not exactly good for you. I whole heartedly admit I love a good burger made with real beef and a side of French fries. Once in a while I will totally binge on one. It's not the easiest thing in the world to eat a salad at a restuant and look across the table and watch your friend have a juicy Berger and not have one. I totally get it. It dosent make someone bad or less than to splurge once in a while.
    The point I'm making is that people DON'T have to cut out their favorites. That's what leads to binging. Restriction and omittance of foods doesn't really work unless that person is totally going to be committed to it. If there's any doubt at all, it makes much more sense to figure out a way to involve it in a diet someway, rather than wait for the time of weakness and totally give into it setting that person into a feeling of failure and guilt.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Melcan5
    Melcan5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have never replied to anything on here but I think it is time. Definately have an issue with the binging so I am in. Most of the time I eat well, healthy and not so carefully that I am starving but within my calories. I work out four times per week but don't lose weight. I believe it is because I allow myself to "cheat" once a week but it spills into the next day often times. Any support is helpful.
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Why? It's addressing the issue at hand. It's not a personal attack, but a question of why the binging if everything is apparently right?

IDEA Fitness member

I think it's because you put it so bluntly and I do agree...the way you asked that question was very insensitive. It's nice that you have all of your ducks in a row but some of us are on here because we're trying to get to that point. When I read your comment, I felt that you said it like "a know it all". If it was that black and white then people wouldn't be binging. If I was to follow your theory I would be so fat right now it's not even funny! I'm willing to bet money that if I was to eat garlic dip every day of my life there would still be days when I would still binge on it! Yes I love it that much!

I'm in the exact same boat as Paris and others on this forum...but my binging happens when I go to friends and drink (drinking gives me very bad munchies) then I just can't stop eating. This doesn't mean that I should have pizza and french fries everyday because I might binge on them on Friday....it means I need to learn how to control my binging which is exactly what we're all trying to do here.

Anyways...@Paris...I'll send you a friend request. I can use any support I can get :bigsmile: I may not be able to get with you everyday but I'm on here quite often.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I think it's because you put it so bluntly and I do agree...the way you asked that question was very insensitive. It's nice that you have all of your ducks in a row but some of us are on here because we're trying to get to that point. When I read your comment, I felt that you said it like "a know it all". If it was that black and white then people wouldn't be binging. If I was to follow your theory I would be so fat right now it's not even funny! I'm willing to bet money that if I was to eat garlic dip every day of my life there would still be days when I would still binge on it! Yes I love it that much!
    It's hard to emote tone of voice on the forums and if read as if it were an attack, it can be perceived that way. I wouldn't last long as a PT if I talked to clients with a tone that was condescending. It's not black and white and I never stated it was. My comment was "in most cases". There is no situation that fits everyone. However I did mention that people that do binge will absolutely do it with something they want..............I haven't met anyone yet that binged on foods they disliked. And yes you can still end up binging on food you may be eating now, but the likely hood for it to happen vs foods that are liked but omitted are likely less.
    The relationship between strict dieting and later binging may explain the high numbers of people who become trapped in a cycle of dieting and weight gain, often reaching higher and higher weights after each round of dieting and binging.

http://www.treatmentcenters.net/eating-disorders/
    I think we can all agree that binging is an issue that stems from a personal issue and that it should be addressed so that the behavior can be changed, but as the above study (and I'm sure there are more) indicates, restriction of foods that people like can be a trigger for a binge.

IDEA Fitness member