Homemade banana nut bread-NOPE,not today--but tomorrow for S

NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
My beautiful oldest daughter is baking some banana nut bread, from some banana's that are almost purple, they are so ripe.
It's a treat I long for, but honey my longing for is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I'm taking a day off from exercising today (in which I'm humbling myself to do so) . though my "boyfriend' (husband) and I will be doing some mall walking and some after dinner outside walking this evening. I'm pretty pleased that I'm saying NO to that heavenly aroma I smell for today...but honey, tomorrow (when I accumulate some exercise calories), i'll indulge in a piece. Ha! Talk about new life styles...I LOVE that I have the POWER to say NO and/or WAIT to myself in this area--thank you Lord:heart: .

Replies

• PamelaG8
    PamelaG8 Posts: 2
    Awsome! I'm learning that too. As difficult as it is sometimes.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Awsome! I'm learning that too. As difficult as it is sometimes.

Ya know, it's like exercising...you know how when you first start, you can hardly wait until that buzzer goes off until you finish? I look at saying NO to somethings and YES to others like exercising, sometimes painful and hard and just plain WOE...but much like looking at the long term results of exercising (in this case, exercising self-control and patience) rather than the short term so-called satisfaction/instant gratification.

Also, looking at these fabulous before and after photos here on MFP really helps me turn up my nose and say, NO much easier too:wink:
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    I made some on Thursday and I have had an equivalent of 1/2 serving. I use the saying....

"You don't taste as good as skinny does"

Great job for just saying NO :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I made some on Thursday and I have had an equivalent of 1/2 serving. I use the saying....

"You don't taste as good as skinny does"

Great job for just saying NO :flowerforyou:

LOVE LOVE LOVE that saying:bigsmile: Thanks for posting it!!!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Good for you! It is a fantastic feeling to be able to say no, isn't it? I keep reminding myself that food is not going to rule my life ever again.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Well done x
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Good for you! It is a fantastic feeling to be able to say no, isn't it? I keep reminding myself that food is not going to rule my life ever again.

It SUPER is a fantastic feeling! I love what you've said about food no longer ruling your life. I feel that way too, it's even deeper though than food ruling my life--it's like my body is a child or something, that's spoiled rotten because I've "allowed" it to control my eating, drinking and even thinking for so long. (My Body: WAH...I don't want to work out today, WAH...I don't want to rest today, WAH...I want to eat that, so what if I can't afford the extra calories--WAHHHHHH-:sad: ) Well, there's a new BUFF Boss/Sheriff in Town--and I'm GLAD there is. So glad the out of control, impatient and greedy.gluttonous, unwise spoiled boss is GONE for good. :wink:

Really, there is no turning back on this--I must for the rest of my entire life LIVE, EAT, DRINK and THINK this way, because I want to make this lifestyle a permanent change and this means for me that sometimes I have to say NO or WAIT on my eating and drinking certain things, especially when I know that I can't "afford' it from my calorie bank--ya know?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Well done x

:heart: Thanks!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!