Exercising in an office

Options
So I work in a windowless office, sometimes by myself or with another female coworker. Any great suggestions out there for some quicky exercises during our downtime? My best thought right now are stretch bands that are easy to bring back and forth to work.

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    So I work in a windowless office, sometimes by myself or with another female coworker. Any great suggestions out there for some quicky exercises during our downtime? My best thought right now are stretch bands that are easy to bring back and forth to work.

Squats, lunges, planks, pushups......depends how sweaty you want to get in your work clothes. :)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lots you can do in your office, you already stated the resistance bands, squats, dance, stairs.
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey, Leslie Sansone has a 3 minute walking burn on you tube that you can do in the office.......I love it x
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There is an open group called cubicle jockeys, check it out and see if that would work for you.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your office offers it, but it couldn't hurt to ask, I used to work at a place where you could ask them to put in an adjustable desk so that you can make high enough to stand or sit. It's great, because standing is much better than sitting. Otherwise I also knew a bunch of people who sat on balance balls instead of chairs, as well as some who had the little under the desk bike pedals so they would be sitting and "biking". Just some ideas of what I've seen others do.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out the book "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren. It has 111 body weight exercises you can do with no props, or with just a chair and a desk or whatnot wherever you happen to be. It's seems pretty good.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    How about a set of light hand weights to work on biceps and triceps?

Waaking on the spot.......if you can access you tube at work check out the Leslie Sansone walk videos
  • jcrnprn
    jcrnprn Posts: 25
    Options
    WOW!! You guys are better than google. You are a wealth of information. Thanks for all the suggestions, looking at youtube now:happy: