Struggling with losing weight HELP!!! ADVICE??

Options
I just had my third son back at end of sept. and i weigh 145lbs. I am constantly on the go and Im watching how many calories I eat, even excersing not everyday and not for long maybe 10 mins 3 times a week.. One day scale will say i lost 5lbs then next day its back up. I only have 1 pair of pants that fit so I dont leave the house much. I am completely depressed and my self-esteem has went wayyyy down hill. My goal is to get back to 120-125lbs like I was before I became pregnant. SOMEONE PLEASSEEE GIVE ME ADVICE!!!

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Have u been tracking our food on here. If so, plz open it up so we can see it.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Could be water weight. Keep at it and you'll get there. Do exercises with your son, I use to do squats while holding mine and he loved it. Also track any extra carrying you may not normally do with him in your exercise (carry 15 lbs/infant). That way you can stay motivated by somethings you may normally take for granted.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats on baby #3! Sounds like your life is busy and full of fun! Concentrate on eating good foods - make sure you eat enough! You didn't say if you were still breast feeding - if so you need extra calories. Don't starve yourself! Incorporate "exercise" daily. It's getting nice outside so a walk to the park, a game of tag or ball will get you and little ones moving! Don't forget to get good rest too! If you like DVDs - there are plenty of 30 minute workouts you can do while kiddos rest or even with the kids. Rent or borrow from library before you buy.

All weight comes off slowly and it can be frustrating. Aim for 1 lb a week for steady loss. Good luck!
  • MarieTia
    MarieTia Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.. I will def. involve him in some of my exercises! that is a good idea.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Please be consistent. Have a Daily routine until you get your body use to this new lifestlye change. Try to exercise at least 3 times a week for the minium of 30 min . You need to bulid up your heart rate in order to lose the weight. Drink your water , and watch your sodium intake. Please weigh yourself once a week, everyday weigh in makes your crazy lol one day it is up the next day down. But you can and You will succeed at this. Just believe in yourself and give 100 percent. You will see the changes sooner instaed of later..
  • MarieTia
    Options
    Yeah I hardly have down time since I have a 3 yr old and a 5 month old.. I didn't breastfeed with this son but I def. feel now that I should have because breastfeeding is probably why i lost so much weight after my first two. Thank you for the advice I will look into those DVD's..
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what is in your diary but when I first started losing weight I completely cut out processed carbs and started excersising reguarly. The first week I lost 8 pounds and didn't put it back on :happy:

It is really hard with little ones around. I would suggest taking everyone for a walk around the neighborhood :smile:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I did peek at your diary and it doesn't look like you are eating very healthy -- just because you are under 1200 calories a day doesn't mean you will lose weight. If your body is starving for nutritional foods and nutrients, it might be holding on to fat as a defense.

Maybe think about adding more fruit, vegetables and lean protein to your diet -- and cut out the processed foods and those that are high carb, but not high in nutrition.

I think it's a great lesson you can teach your children also -- that eating clean and healthy is the way to great health.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My grandson loves it when his mom does the Just Dance games on the Wii. He gets up and dances with her. He's only 20 months so I know your 3 yr old will love it even more. So put on some upbeat music and dance with the kids. I play upbeat music to get me through chores like laundry, cooking, cleaning...makes it go faster and I move more.

You could try getting up a little earlier and going for a walk while your husband is still home. Better yet, ask him for 30 mins 3 times a week to look after the kids while you go for a walk/jog/run. I'm sure he will give you that. It will let you have time to clear your head too.

Minor changes to your diet as well might help... upping the protein a little or cutting some fat somewhere. Drinking a couple extra glasses of water if it is some bloating. Check your sodium levels in food/drinks too.
  • MarieTia
    Options
    Thank you all sooo much.. I will take everyone words into my life. Now I just gotta figure what to cut out and how to add better food so everyone can be healthy its hard when your feeding a big house
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I see looking at your food diary you are on a 1200 calorie goal. I assume you put your activity level in as sedentary which you are not with so many little ones. You say they keep you going, all that burns calories. Change your activity level to at least lightly active, and eat all your calories. If the site says you have more to eat, eat it. Also, don't try for 2 pounds a week. Go for one instead. There is a reason this site recommends it. Finally, if what you have logged for the last few days is accurate, you are not eating nearly enough, and not enough nutrient rich food either. You need to eat more even at the calories you are currently at, and they are probably way too low as it is. A moderate calorie deficit is what you want. A bigger deficit is not better. It just means you have to fight your body to lose weight.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just because you are within your calorie allotment for the day doesn't mean that what you are eating is the right stuff. It kind of looks like most of what you eat is processed quick stuff with little to no fruits, vegetables, lean meats or complex carbs. Good luck with your journey.
  • MarieTia
    Options
    I dont know the first thing about what foods are healthy and which arent other than candies.. I am new to alot of this i have NEVER exercised or had to diet in my life! I have NEVER had to watch what i ate, or watch my calories. I have always been the skinny girl who can eat and eat and NEVER gain a pound and well it's changed so I am just trying to get some friendly advice on what I'm doing wrong, what I can be doing, what i shouldnt be doing from people who are trying to lose weight as well. I eat fruits and veggies but not as often as I should but believe me my children eating habits are completly healther than mine they are constantly eating a fruit or veggie and constantly doing some physical activity.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Basically, at least to start, avoid processed stuff. As some put it, anything in a box should be minimized along with anything pre-made. You want to focus on veggies, fruit and meat cooking your own meals. If you are not a cook, look for a good cookbook with an instructional section at the beginning showing you some of the basics.
  • MarieTia
    Options
    I can cook anything.. and thank you for helping me.