Hello there! Looking for some weight loss buddies

Options
I have a lot of weight to use! It can be daunting to think about it. I am a vegetarian and am interested in meeting some vegetarian and vegan friends, or just anyone who is interested including some meatless dishes into their diets regularly (e.g. "meatless Mondays").

I really need to exercise and could use some suggestions in that arena. I have a problem with one of my feet and it starts to hurt after a lot of walking. I am wondering if there are aerobic exercises you can do without too much use of your feet. (I don't have access to a pool, ALAS!)

I hope I can meet some weight loss buddies on this site! Thank you!

Replies

• jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I will add you. I'm not vegetarian (though I have been) and do eat without meat on certain days. Wishing you the best of luck - I'm sure you will do great!

Maybe for strength you could try more mat based exercises instead of something high impact on your feet - like yoga or Pilates?
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    While I am not vegetarian, I do eat a lot of vegetarian meals because I like how they taste.
    I too have a lot of weight to lose.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend.
    Warm regards,
    Fabulocity:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    try to use Quorn to do things like bolognese with baked sweet potatoes (avoiding white pastas)
    I also use the Tesco Meat Free range - just have to watch the sodium of the pre-made 'meat free' foods
    I also try to have a meat free day on Thursdays as my weigh in is Fridays as I wanna make it as easy for my body as I can pre-weigh in
  • cue_chik
    cue_chik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    While I'm not a vegetarian, I would love to add you to my 'buddies'... we all need a strong support system to help us through!
  • ECTeacher85
    Options
    Hi jumptothebeat!

I used to be a vegetarian but now I try to refrain from eating meat on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. On those days I normally much on nuts or whole grains foods. Raw vegetables with hummus is also yummy.

As for exercising, is there a pool you can go to to swim laps? Or, if you are a gym member, you may want to check to see if they offer any fitness classes.

God bless! : )
  • pkquick
    pkquick Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, Hope you are doing well. Yes weight loss task is daunting but not impossible. It is one day at a time task and you can do it. For food choices I cook everything at home, rarely to never eat out, recently stopped all sugar in my tea, eat fruits not juice, no rice or pasta(limit it to once a week) etc.
    Drink a lot of water..without anything in it. You can do it.
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi!! You can add me as a friend!! I am a 99% vegetarian. I can't eat anything that looks like a dead animal. But you will have to add me as I don't know how to add people. My computer is my phone and its not the best set up but it works. This site is great and good luck to you!! I will be waiting for an invite!!
  • AugustDreamer
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :-)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I do eat meals that are non-meat. I'd be happy for you to add me if you liked. My food diary is open to friends and I enjoy creating recipes myself (I love cooking). :)

I also have another 54lbs to get rid off (probably another 7lbs on top of that once I get there).

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a halfsy vegetarian. Recently tried to focus on meat protein and didn't like that at all. We have 6 dinners out of 7 that are veggie, but I go out 2-3 times a week. Our family diet is on beans, veggies, tofu, nuts, dairy and fruits, away from grains/carbs but not eliminating them entirely. Happy to friend up with you!
  • ladywingnut
    Options
    Hello! I just joined and feel the same way. Lots of weight to lose, and since it's really affecting my health now there's a real sense of urgency. Again, not vegetarian, but I eat meatless meals a few times a week and love exploring vegetarian cooking.

I've fallen off my little wagon several times and hope that talking with you lovely people might help keep up the focus! You are a very friendly bunch. :)
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Like many others, I do meatless dishes once or twice a week (and definitely on Mondays).

Let's buddy up and help each other through this! :)
  • k_pattie
    k_pattie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've recently started thinking about becoming vegetarian -- I generally eat meat-free so I wouldn't be missing much but I have recently begun eating clean on top of no gluten or dairy so I don't want to do too much at once! I would definitely be down for Meatless Mondays though

as for aerobic exercises - have you thought of punches? You could follow some kickboxing or regular boxing workouts / dvds and not do the intense leg exercises.