Capsiplex pills do they work

Options
Hi I have heard about these pills that they are really good has anyone tried them before.
They are called capsiplex please can any one help. Thank you

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Had a look at their website the "clinical trials" they quote are laughable; the sample size is statistically insignificant, they don't say how they measured the calories expended during exercise etc etc. Celebrity endorsements are meaningless, they get paid to use (or at least say they use) these products; it's like product placements in movies, companies pay a small fortune for their products to be seen in Hollywood blockbusters.

Sadly there are a great many companies more than happy to prey on the desperation that those of us who want to lose weight often feel. Save your money.
  • ramila12
    ramila12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I tried them at beginning, they worked best if I took them just before an exercise session and really made me sweat alot at first, but then seemed to lose their effect on the next bottle. I also got severe heartburn with the second bottle, they are meant to be coated and this didn't happen with the first bottle... so I stopped taking them... they did help give me the energy to exercise for longer to start with and build up my exercise time.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Avoid all pills. If you are massively obese and in imminent danger of stroke and heart attack your doctor may prescribe you clinically trialed medications but anything you can buy right off the shelf is a total con. They will only help you lose 2 things - water weight, and money you could have spent on more useful things like a gym membership.
  • ramila12
    ramila12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I do agree, that you shouldnt take pills. But I am so bad at exercising, cant get motivated at time. Eating the wrong food, I eat more than what I should 1200cal. Then i feel bad and so depressed. I am in a horrible circle that i cant find a solution at times. i never used to exercise before, but now i do but i think not enough because alot of you burn about 1000 or more in a day. i struggle to do that. I really have to lose weight for health reasons, and I really want to lose weight as well, been like this for too long. But i know pills are not a answer. Thanks for helping.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yes I do agree, that you shouldnt take pills. But I am so bad at exercising, cant get motivated at time. Eating the wrong food, I eat more than what I should 1200cal. Then i feel bad and so depressed. I am in a horrible circle that i cant find a solution at times. i never used to exercise before, but now i do but i think not enough because alot of you burn about 1000 or more in a day. i struggle to do that. I really have to lose weight for health reasons, and I really want to lose weight as well, been like this for too long. But i know pills are not a answer. Thanks for helping.

Ramila;

This is going to sound odd, but I've had a really rotten time starting diets and have found something that has worked for me.

It wasn't a pill though. It's these bars called 'optifast' bars.

They say to take three a day, which I did for about 2 weeks, then I couldn't take it any more as the others were eating nice food but by then I had lost 9 pounds. I worked on 4 of them being food in the gut - but hey, that was still five pounds!

Anyway now I've moved over to two a day and one low calorie dinner. I find it easy with them to hit the 1200 cals a day mark. It really takes the pressure off me cos the bars are about 200 cals each.

I'm not exercising. I have a reasonably busy job but I don't think it matters. I think when you're ready to exercise it'll turn up sort of naturally, although the exercise I get at work has definitely helped me. If you can find some sort of exercise that you like then see if you can get it together to do it, but if you can't for now just don't sweat it.

I'm mentioning the bars because they weren't pills, they are nutritional suppliment things, and they are actually helping me more than anything I've ever tried. The chocolate and berry ones are teh best, the cappucino is a bit too sweet for me.
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options

My suggestion would be put together a plan for change. Don't try to do everything at once or you will set yourself up to fail. Don't measure yourself against what others do here, but do look around the boards to see the wide variety of what people are doing and go to Success Stories and find someone who started about where you are for inspiration.

The plan that works is the one you can STICK TO!

Here's how I've found success. Perhaps something similar can work for you since you really only change 1 thing at a time, so less chance of getting frustrated and giving up:

1) WHAT YOU EAT: Change my way of eating to eliminate "junk", but don't really worry about calories. In this phase you are trying to get used to eating in a new way, reintoduce fiber into your system, break your sugar addiction, etc. You don't need to go crazy about eating "clean" like you hear a lot of people here talk about, but for me this means eliminating most processed foods, eating mostly vegetables and lean protein, and select complex carbs (beans, legumes, etc.). Learn what shops have really good produce. Learn about new spices you can add to your food to keep things interesting. Get used to having your morning coffee with skim (or almond or whatever) milk instead of cream. Start drinking more water. Eliminate fake sweeteners, "diet" food. Start using Stevia (won't affect blood sugar). Find a protein powder you like. Take a probiotic if you think it will help. Track (write down) *everything* you eat (be honest! set your MFP food diary to private so no-one but you can see it if that makes it easier to be totally honest) so you can start learning about what the food you're eating really contains, and what you like and what you don't. Learn how to set your target numbers (BMR, target calories, etc.) using MFP. This stage would be a couple weeks. Added, unexpected benefit for me: MUCH clearer and even younger looking skin and my hair loss has really slowed.

2) HOW MUCH YOU EAT: Once you're comfortable with your new palate, (and hopefully eliminated a lot of cravings and gotten your body working better, cleaner), NOW you can start working on meeting your calorie and macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) targets. You probably already started reducing your calories intake during stage 1 without really trying since you're now eating more nutrient-dense food and drinking more water, so it shouldn't be TOO big a leap to start meeting calorie goals. In this phase you're learning about portion control. And also if you're carb-sensitive (I am: 50 years old and possibly insulin resistant. So I eat pretty low carb. That's just me.) Exercise when it feels good or when you can, but don't worry about a fixed schedule - YET. But you're feeling better and starting to lose, so you WANT to move more. For me, this phase was more than a month..

3) EXERCISE: Once you've conquered the "diet" part, now start an exercise regimen. I'm still in the early phase of this stage, so mostly I'm just walking for now, building endurance, letting my joints get acclimated. I plan to step it up to walk/running (and eventually just running) and add weights in the next weeks. A lot of people recommend the C25K and 30-day shred, but again, find what works for you. Don't feel you have to go "whole hog" from day 1. You're here for the long haul and for long term success, not to break any olympic records or compete with anyone else.

As I said, I haven't really done much yet on the exercise side of the equation, but doing things this way, I haven't frustrated myself and I've been able to stick with my plan for nearly 4 months with VERY few falls of the wagon and I'm now 1/2-way to my goal (41 pounds lost, 41 to go).

Now this is what worked for me. Only you can decide whether something similar will work for you.
    I hope this helps. And good luck with your journey whatever you decide to do.

Cheers!

[ETA fix formatting]
  • FfoodNguyen
    Options
    Some time,you should test,maybe it good with you but not good with some people.If you're stuck with weight loss.I think you should for you a chance.Nothing impossible.
    http://capsiplex-reviews.us/