Not impressed...

Options
Hi all, I am back. I lost 40 lbs while on here before.. Stopped and gained 30 of it back. Not impressed with myself.. Jumping back into routine. So now I'm here to lose that 30 lbs and keep it off. I am now engaged and want to be a beautiful bride not a chunky one!!!
How's everyone?

Replies

• squirrrell
    Options
    Hey Congratulations!!!

Good luck with your weight loss and lifestyle change!!

I had 40 to lose already melted 5lbs of lard so now 35lbs to go!!! Add me if you wish! x
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Don't feel bad. I lost 40lbs and then gained back 55. So, I had to start over also. I'm down 21 and getting there. Unfortunately, for me, I didn't get motivated before my wedding and had that weight on me. So, I wish you the best in being able to accomplish your goal!!!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. I lost 90 lbs 7 yrs ago. Have gained all but 10 of it back. My doctor finally said - girl you need to do something. That woke me up. YOU will be a beautiful bride at any weight. But taking care of yourself will be the best gift you can give to yourself and your soon to be hubby... Good luck and Congratulations!...
  • s114781
    s114781 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No worries! Last I heard, losing and gaining and losing is not horrible for your body. This is very much human nature! Start again, and again and again....maybe change a thing or two this time. Try some different foods, look at your daily routine a little closer. Tweak something that you haven't yet. Also, focus more on developing new patterns of behaviour rather than on the scale.
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You are going to do great....:)
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling - I lost about 50 lbs 10 years ago and not only gained it all back, but 30 more besides!! I'm finally almost back down to where I STARTED the first time - doh! Don't waste time feeling bad, just make those changes and get started! I'm trying to stay positive and motivated too - so feel free to add me!
  • RaylansGirl
    Options
    Welcome back! I just joined up myself because I've decided to take control of my life and get healthy! I know exactly how you feel - in fact, 15 years ago, I lost 117 pounds, and to my utter disbelief and frustration, I have now gained it all back (and sadly, even more). But now I am back on track, ready to take it off and keep it off forever!

Good luck with your weight loss and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome back!!!

Don't be discouraged. Last year I lost 40 and gained 20 back. In January I started again and have lost 22 so far.
    You have a wedding dress to get into!!!! What an exciting goal. Good luck!!!!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing! Lost 30 (of the 75 I needed to lose) gained it back, lost it again! Woo! So now I'm working on the final 45. :) Lost 5 of it already within my first week of MFP, I know it will slow down, but the first week is so exciting.

Best of luck to you. Add me if you like.
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    I did the same thing. About 5 years ago I lost 50 pounds and have gained back 60, after some health problems and a hysterectomy. I am at my lowest point with my self esteem. I was thin until I had my kids! But life happens and so many people lose and gain it back. This is my first day on here and it seems wonderfully supportive. Good luck to you...you will be a beautiful bride!
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement!! :) I wish I would have found this site before I got married 3 years ago... I was unfortunately one of those chunky brides ... I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride! :)
  • michashines
    michashines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined today! Such an awesome site! Don't be so hard on yourself! The reason why most people rebound their weight back is because dieting alone will not flush out the toxins in your body that are the reason why we hold onto fat! I started on a nutritional rebalancing system in January...in the first 9 day program, I lost 12 pounds and about 20 inches (3" alone from lower belly!) Since then I've lost over 20 lbs. I have about 15-20 more to go...but not married to the numbers on scale. I'd rather see my measurements and dress size go down...and have strong, lean muscle! GOOD LUCK!
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You can do it! There are many helpful motivators here!