Protien

Options
How can I get more protein without so much calories. I have 10kg of extra body fat, which is 77,000 calories. With a BMR of 1800, that's 43 days of calories I have already stored. Considering that, I'm not very concerned about going low on carbohydrate and fat calories. I've looked at many people's diet history on here and it seems that many others are also undercutting their protein daily goal. I don't want to go low on protein. Any ideas?

Replies

• tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like EAS prot shakes, you can get them at walmart. Get the low carb ones and they are 17g prot and 100 cals-the strawberry is good!
  • losingthisweight
    Options
    I use Body by Vi protein shakes and they are great!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    eat tuna - it's low calories and a great source of protien.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lean meat is a great source of protein without much calories. Also you can supplement with shakes.
  • thoma676
    thoma676 Posts: 4
    Options
    Unflavored Unjury can be added to your food. I do not experience an aftertaste with it and cannot tell it is in my food. There is 80 calories for 20 grams of protein. I have added to oatmeal and yogart.
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    fish
  • RAZISA
    RAZISA Posts: 1
    Options
    Greek Yogurt has lots protein, maybe protein powder as well - not with collegen (talk to someone at one of the health food stores or vitamin stores. :smile:
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I boil a bunch of eggs and put them in the fridge. I eat about 3 egg whites a day. They are packed full of protein and are yummy on salads or plain. Sometimes I but I can't believe it’s not butter spray, garlic, mustard, dill and paprika. Delicious!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    GNC sells quite a few different protein powders. I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey, and one scoop is around 120 calories and 24g of protein.
  • Treed79
    Treed79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use 100% eggwhite protein powder. I put a scoop in the blender with some almond milk and frozen strawberries. Makes a great smoothie for less then 150 cals and it's filling. I buy it off Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Eggwhite-Protein-Pound/dp/B0013OXDBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332107810&sr=8-1
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I usually have 3 eggs a day. A protein shake. chicken, fish and/or other lean meats. I am always hitting my protein goal. I also use protein powder in greek yoghurt for a ton more protein.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is likely the best Whey protein on the market quality wise, with a possible one or two better. The natural is their best and the gold standard slightly less so, but with a lot more flavors to choose from. I am a BIG guy and I also find it tough to get enough protein in the food I eat without blasting through my calorie goals...some days I need over 300g of protein. Always try to get as much of the things your body needs from the foods you eat...nothing can top that, but protein bars and supplements can help some. Remember though that supplements are supplements and not substitutes.
  • skinnydemko
    skinnydemko Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I add protein bullets to my water, new whey protein 3.8 oz 0 carb 0 suger add this to a large bottle of water 42 grams of whey protein plus 50 oz of water. I call that a win win!