Before wieght loss; Afterweightloss/Before lifting - Warning

Options
DAM_Fine
DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
My weight is about where I want it to be, but things still aren't positioned quite right. I will welcome all critiques and suggestions for best weight training to get all the bits where they belong!

First, as a reminder - me a year ago
Meayearago.jpg

Now - the bikini shots taken today by my husband (I found it very funny that my legs got redder and redder the chillier I got!)
Front views:
BikiniFront.jpg
Side and back views:
BikiniSideBack.jpg

Replies

• sandrakennedy1203
    Options
    Wow good for you !!
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    You look stunning!
    Good for you!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic:) So proud of you and I can't wait to see the transformation that will come from lifting heavy.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! :bigsmile:
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! you look great
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no answer for your question. Just wanted to say you look AMAZING!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no answer for your question. Just wanted to say you look AMAZING!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,040 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't offer any suggestions because you look PRETTY DANG GOOD!
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OMG!! you look AWESOME!!! Well done!!!
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! you look amazing
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everything looks to be in the right place... no extra limbs... and you're hotter in that bikini than most people over 18. So whatever you're seeing that is out of place is sort of overwhelmed by the BLINDING GLOW OF AWESOME that you have going on there.
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing and you are such an inspiration to me! I'm 57 also.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Holly ****! That's amazing! Gosh I ain't never had them kinda results with weight training! Well done girl!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You look great! As far as weightlifting goes, I would highly suggest a routine called the "startingstrength 5x5" routine. You can google it and easily find information on it. It is all compound lifts so you won't be doing any vanity work. It will build muscle in your arms, legs, back, core, and everything in between. It's all free weights. The lifts are squats, overhead press, bench press, deadlifts, and barbell rows. It will get you stronger and make better what you already possess. I do it, my wife does it, and several of my female MFP friends do it. Check it out!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You look great! As far as weightlifting goes, I would highly suggest a routine called the "startingstrength 5x5" routine. You can google it and easily find information on it. It is all compound lifts so you won't be doing any vanity work. It will build muscle in your arms, legs, back, core, and everything in between. It's all free weights. The lifts are squats, overhead press, bench press, deadlifts, and barbell rows. It will get you stronger and make better what you already possess. I do it, my wife does it, and several of my female MFP friends do it. Check it out!
    I second this suggestion. You look great.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

Thanks! This is the kind of help I'm looking for. Have you or your wife or any of your MFP friends read "New Rules of Lifting fo Women"? That's what I was going to base my weight training on, but I'm very open to suggestions - total novice at it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Thanks! This is the kind of help I'm looking for. Have you or your wife or any of your MFP friends read "New Rules of Lifting fo Women"? That's what I was going to base my weight training on, but I'm very open to suggestions - total novice at it.
    Oh yes TNROL4W is totally worth it. It is what i used to start lifting. Absolutly worth the 15$
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!!! Such an AWESOME job!!!!!
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Crazy great!! Wow!!