New here... Disney or Bust

Options
Greetings all,

I just started here, though have been trying to lose weight since Jan 27th. I have a trip planned to go to Disney World just after Thanksgiving and want to be in shape by then. It will also be a family reunion, and my folks have not seen me in a few years, would like to be looking better by then, everyone else in the family is in much better shape than I am.

So far so good, but I have plateaued a bit due to a cold the last week. So I am adding this app, see how tracking my food goes.

How is it working for everyone? Anyone else using this to prepare for Disney?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Disney is quite a workout on it's own!
  • the_energy
    Options
    Hello! Good reasons! Good goal!

I love it on here and it seems to be working for me really well. Logging food and exercise is helpful and the trackers and progress reports are huge motivation, not to mention the community :)

Pls feel free to add and good luck :)
  • JeanLew
    JeanLew Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! I am trying to hit a goal of 15 lbs lost by our Disney trip next month! It's getting down to the wire! I am really scared I will gain down there but last time I didn't so there is hope!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We ARE planning to take our kids to Disney this year, but that's just one of the many reasons for me doing this :) I don't want to be the fat sweaty one walking around there, lol
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    its going great ... never felt better ... you have to make up your mind and do it ... once you healthy you will enjoy even more on your trip ..
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MFP has been working really well for me. I live less than an hour from Disney and well, when you live that close you get tired of the place (yes, it can happen don't boo me.) I am doing this to get in better health. Heart disease, strokes, diabetes, high cholesterol and cancer runs in my family. I am trying to avoid them and I know that in order to have a better chance I need to get this excess weight off.

You're going to be doing a lot of walking at Disney, I would start training now :wink:
    Wishing you success on your weight-loss journey.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you are at a great place. Great for motivation and support. Good luck on your weight loss journey, feel free to add me, we can help motivate each other. I need to lose another 10 pounds by the end of June for a reunion in Cancun.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wear a pedometer so you can see how much you burn while you are on your trip.

I wear a fitbit and love it!
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm going on the Disney cruise on the first week of January 2013. I have 9 months to drop the extra lbs. :smile:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Never really prepped for Disney. But LOVE it there. I'm a mouse addict.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ive been getting ready for Disney!! I leave at the end of the month! im not dropping pounds fast but the inches are DROPPING!!! down 2 pant sizes! Logging aND ADDING SOME STRENGTH WORKOUTS HAS MADE A WONDERFUL DIFFERENCE!
  • Cath138
    Cath138 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a great place here! And there is so many people to motivate you :) I'm sure you will do GREAT and reach your goal by your trip to disney :)
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had a Disney season pass for 2 yrs and went a lot w/my 19yr old and husband. (We live close.) You have to start at the back of the park and work your way to the front. Get a schedule and plan your trip and get there early! Go back to your hotel in the afternoon and take a nap and go back in the evening to see the fireworks. Hollywood studios and Epcot are the best. Animal kingdom is more relaxed and The magic kingdom (yes, there are 4 separate parks) is old- needs to update their stuff. Have fun on your weight loss journey and enjoy the parks!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcome!

In a way yes to prepare for Disney but not a planned trip. I used to go to Disney World as a kid but I live in the UK and well the cost to go on holiday to the states and to Disney would be quite expensive, especially for someone that has to live at home with her parents to save money but I would like to go back there one day. I haven't been on holiday for years mainly as I don't want to go somewhere amazing and feel uncomfortable, I also want to be in the photos at the great places I visit. Hopefully this time next year I will be able to think about going on holiday.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I use Disney as something to look forward. I run the goofy challenge each year and I promised myself jan 2013 I will be in shape plus have a great personal time!