FitBit

Options
Do any of you have one? Do you like it?

I already have a HRM, but I was thinking of getting one to monitor the days when i'm running around with the kids.
I have 6 of them so I'm always running around and I think that I'm burning way more calories so I should be eating more than I currently to lose more weight?

Just curious if the FitBit is worth the money?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Replies

• my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    I love my fitbit. use it everyday. Def worth the money for me.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I too love my fitbit - I had it for over a year now and wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • EricDe90x
    EricDe90x Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't see the point in tracking steps. Just track distance or time instead. That's just my opinion.
  • BethanyJoSmith
    BethanyJoSmith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit, it reminds me to get moving if I am not at my 10K steps.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It seems to me most people who have one love it. I know i do.

There is a group here called FITBIT!. Feel free to join!
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I definitely find it useful. I can or used to be pretty sedentary. The days I don't leave the house, I don't necessarily burn very many calories that aren't from a workout, but when I go out, I get a nice calorie adjustment. I find that I can gain or not lose very much when my calorie deficit is very large. I've found that MFP seems a little off from my fitbit calorie amount though. Fitbit shows it a little lower, and so I go with that, plus I feel a little more confident about it. I love to analyze things to get the most out of what I'm doing, so I have this spreadsheet that shows all the figures between the two. At the end of the day, I subtract my food intake from my fitbit calorie burn to figure out my deficit and try to keep it around 750 calories. Fitbit does keep tracking until midnight so I have to guesstimate how many more calories I'll burn by the end of the night.
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    I like the Fitbit but don't buy it for precision accuracy. If you take 30 steps, sometimes it will say 31 and sometimes it will say 45, don't know why that is. I think it's a good motivational tool and will give you a good idea of activity level. If you wear it the same place everyday you should be fairly consitent. If you are looking for something to give you an accurate calorie burn go with a heart rate monitor. I do love that it syncs to the MFP site but again, don't rely too much on the calorie burn.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've only had my fitbit for a few days, but already I love it. I am burning more calories than originally figured and it does motivate me to move more.