dls06
dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
There is a pumpkin muffin recipe going around that calls for

1 boxed cake
15 oz pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of milk
1/3 cup of egg whites

I made them and the center would not cook. The center was mushy even though I cooked them longer then it called for. The bottoms burnt. Did anyone else make them? I don't want to try them again if it's a bad recipe.

Replies

• LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made them but with just water and the pumpkin. No milk nor eggs. They baked perfectly and it came out super moist and only 86 calories per cupcake. I made a light cream cheese frosting for them too! The recipe I got was from Skinnytaste.com
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I use only 1 box of cake mix (chocolate or spice) and 15 oz. can of pumpkin. They are great!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I use only 1 box of cake mix (chocolate or spice) and 15 oz. can of pumpkin. They are great!!!!

This - they are amazing. I used spice cake mix and I have also used a carrot cake mix - incredibly delicious and moist!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i've made this before but with just Pumpkin, cake mix, and water. I think the problem is you have too much liquid and not enough dry ingredients...

Another WW cake recipe altogether is 1 can diet coke and any cake mix (dark one-- chocolate, devil's food, etc) or 1 can Sprite Zero and lemon or white cake. That cake is SUPER moist but yummy and only 170 calories per slice.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I used the skinnytaste.com recipe; 1 box cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, 1 cup water, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix. They turned out great and even my kids liked them (oh, and I added some mini chocolate chips to entice my kids to try them.)
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just use the pumpkin and the cake mix. If I use the spice I add pumpkin spice to it to make it a bit spicery or a few nuts. Also I put chocolate chips in the chocolate one and they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!
  • wanderlust3
    Options
    bump to read later
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My mum made these for me yesterday:

http://www.itv.com/lorraine/food/spiced-pumpkin-muffins/

Batch of 12 (without the icing) = around 192 cals per muffin

They are so goooood!!! :happy:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I use one box of yellow mix with pumpkin pie spice in it or a spice mix, 1 can pumpkin, and 1/2 c apple juice. They're amazing. My kids (who seem to hate pumpkin in anything else) love them!
  • dls06
    Options
    I will try them again now that I have the right recipe.

Thank you all for the replys. :flowerforyou: .:heart:
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Love pumpkin flavored foods!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I make mine with just pumpkin and cake mix, nothing else and they always turn out really good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359072-white-chocolate-chip-pumpkin-muffins
  • dls06
    Options
    I make mine with just pumpkin and cake mix, nothing else and they always turn out really good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359072-white-chocolate-chip-pumpkin-muffins
    I have the recipe for this one. I need to get an angle food cake mix. Thanks for reminding me. :drinker:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump for later :wink:
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin muffins and really missed eating them cause I couldn't find any with reasonable calories per serving. I'm glad I found this one and modified it a little bit to add in chocolate chips. :love:

According to the recipe maker, here's what I got...

Calories / Carbs / Fat / Protein / Fiber
    Duncan Hines - Spice Cake (Mix Only), 1 package = 2,048 / 410 / 42 / 12 / 12
    Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz Can), 3.5 cup (122g)= 280 / 63 / 4 / 14 / 35
    Hershey's - Milk Chocolate Chips , 8 Tbsp.(1/2 cup) = 560 / 72 / 36 / 8 / 8

Makes 24, so 1 muffin = ~120 cals, 23gr carbs, 3gr Fat, 1gr protein, 2gr Fiber

:heart:
  • nirebelldandy
    Options
    i read this thread earlier...and then remembered I had some leftover pumpkin in the fridge from the pancakes I made last week...so I used:
    1 box yellow cake mix
    2 eggs
    1 cup water
    1 cup pumpkin
    cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and some vanilla
    3 tbs toll house mini morsels

so far for 24 that is 105 calories. i wonder what i could add to these to get more fiber or protein? some protein powder? I don't have any though. i think this would also be good with chocolate cake mix....mmm i love chocolate! they are baking right now, i'll let you know how hey turn out!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will try with gluten free cake mix! Thanks!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump! I love pumpkin muffins, and do miss having them more often. :) I'll have to find a good cake mix as well, maybe a white or yellow. But the spice cake mix sounds really good!!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just cake mix and pumpkin.... nothing else. I learned this one from a WW member and they are really good. all i knew was they are one point.