Blew it today!

Options
I've been on MFP for quite some time now. I started at 234 and I now way 171. I have 6 more pounds to lose again! Today my wife and daughter left out junk food (chips, pretzels and peanuts) and I was home alone and sampled what I thought was a small amount of each. However, I did log them all in and to my suprise I was over almost 500 calories for the day! If I wasn't diligently logging in everything I put in my mouth I would not have known this. My advise to all is to be sure you log in every morsal every day. GLTL

Replies

• tati111
    tati111 Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree with you 100%.:happy: I have learned so much in the past two weeks on this site and logging does help to keep you on track!! I have gotten hooked on logging because this site makes it so easy to do!! Congratulations on your success and don't let a day of indulgence cast a a shadow on your goals and just continue achieving greatness!!:drinker:
  • conmonja
    conmonja Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't let 1 fall ruin it for you. This is such a great site. I log in every biteand feel guilty until I have. I have lost from 282 on May 18 , now I am at 243.It is all due tothe logging it all in . Forget about today ,and plan for the rest of your life.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    :happy: Congratulations on the weight loss so far. That's awesome! You should be very proud of that. I know what you mean by the calories adding up quickly and how important it is to log it. Today I wasn't so controlled as I have been since I started this journey back on June 9th. When I finally logged things in I found out that I went over my calories big time for the day :sad: by about 1200 calories. :noway: Yikes! Now my belly hurts and I feel big time sleepy. :yawn: Oh well back on track tomorrow right? I just thought I'd let you know that blowing it for one day isn't the end of the world in the big picture... the trick is to be accountable and be aware and get right back at it which you are obviously on top of. Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • mkpatty
    mkpatty Posts: 2
    Options
    i have a hard time with going over on other things. not so much calories, but protein or carbs.....seems I am over on one thing a lot. but it does help me to make better decisions as I reach for stuff knowing I am going to log it in. Great job on the pounds lost though!!! WOW.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    6 more pounds to go to goal weight! You must be so proud of yourself. :drinker:
    Thanks for reminding us that every little bit counts. Continued good luck on your journey!!!
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Recording everything helps me. I review what went wrong each day or wht I cpould (should) have done differently. Then I make a note of that in the note section. We all have a day we blow it. Just get back with the program.
    Why did your wife leave temptation in your way? Think about it.
  • artnoren
    artnoren Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for all who responded with such encouraging words. I'm back on it today. With the day completed, I am 28 calories over my goal. Thanks again to everyone on this baoard. I don't often post anything here, but I do read a lot of the posts every day, and it does help.