Hungry!

MPF has me at 1500 cals. I usually am done with my cals by early evening (if I'm lucky) and then I'm crazy hungry for the rest of the night. Does anyone have a lo-cal high-fiber snack they can share with me so I can get through the evenings? I already know about apples and oranges... :-D Thanks!

Replies

• samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    I munch on 94% fat free popcorn.
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    I always get hungry late at night! I usually have a hot cup of chamomile tea and that calms my appetite down a lot :smile:
  • Today was my first day.....and I felt hungry ALL day!!!! I'm eating the 94% fat-free popcorn now to end the day...............
  • I have a cup of swiss miss no sugar added hot cocoa before 8 pm - if after 8 pm, i have a warm cup of "Calm" magnesium drink.
  • juliann95
    juliann95 Posts: 26 Member
    Try a smoothie. Tonight I jut took a banana, few tablespoon Greek yogurt, almond milk, and ovaltine and stuck it in blender with ice. It was just like having a chocolate shake but much healthier.

There are so many smoothie combos you can do.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Celery and baby carrots?
  • eat vegtables, not fruit at night. too much sugar
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    I eat the Kellogg's fiber plus bars. About 160 calories and 35% daily fiber. :-) AND, they help my chocolate cravings.
  • I like almond butter. Or tea too.
  • tawnajean
    tawnajean Posts: 20
    I've also started drinking tea at night, and it usually helps. If I NEED food though, I like to micro-cook snap peas for 1-2 minutes and sprinkle with soy sauce and salt. ( I pretend its edamame! ) Or for something dessert-y, I love strawberries and 100 cal Lighthouse chocolate dip :)
  • Try oven roasting some canned garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas).. a little light sprinkling of salt .. makes a great nutritious, and filling snack.
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    100 calorie popcorn, eating it as I type:)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I know it sounds a little weird but I loveee cauliflower. I eat it like candy and it's very filling. Low cal. popcorn is good too.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    I have dessert tea with a little bit of milk. Or some almond milk. Or hot chocolate. Or a piece of fruit.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 968 Member
    I prefer to have a small breakfast and lunch then save most of my calories for my evening meal where I have something much bigger and satisfying, this stops me then getting hungry later in the evening, especially when it comes to sitting watching tv or a film, I just feel like wanting to eat otherwise.

But i do keep in low calorie treats like snacksize chocolate bars or light crisps when i need a little something. xx
  • Bringonskinny
    Bringonskinny Posts: 6 Member
    HA HA I am also eating 94% Fat Free 100 Calorie popcorn!
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Cheerios with milk and Splenda
    Carrots
    Peanut butter toast
    Me toooo on the popcorn ;)
  • If you eat high-protein, high fiber foods through-out the day, you won't be as hungry at night.

Try eating a high fiber food (Old-Fashioned oatmeal w/ fruit, brown rice, shredded wheat, etc.) and a high protein food (egg white omelet, chicken breast, turkey burger, etc.) for dinner. Eat dinner a little later in the night so that you're going to bed before you get hungry again. For example: I try to eat dinner between 6:30 - 7:30 if I'm going to bed around 10:30.