• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What about swimming?

This /\...

Excellent suggestion.
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    I have absolutely lost without cardio... I eat healthy and well, and sometimes have trouble getting up to my recommended calories in a day if I have chosen healthy. I add in more walking and occasional stationary bike time when I can but it's not much and not daily.

Isn't it normal to lose about two pounds a week when one is doing it in a balanced, healthy way? My goal is about 75 pounds total, and I am happy to lose two pounds in a week. My lifestyle has changed for the better, slowly, and hopefully it will be manageable to live this way the rest of my life. I feel like if I was losing more rapidly, it would indicate that my lifestyle is changed too drastically and I'll have to change it back once I'm done losing.

Am I making sense?
  • Tata4now1074
    Options
    I have been dealing with a fractured bone in the arch of my foot for the past 8 weeks. I have had to stay of the foot for as much as possible too. I just started on this site almost 2 weeks ago and am down 8 pounds just by watching my calorie intake and drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day. I allowed myself to get depressed over not being able to exercise...that was my new years' resolution. So because of the depression I ended up putting on more weight rather than working on taking it off. Just keep your eye on the prize (which is yourself) and keep up the good work. you can lose without necessarily exercising.
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    You can also check online for sit and fit exercises-exercises you do while sitting. You'll have to see which do not require you to use your injured ankle.

"Sit & Be Fit" has VHS tapes on sale through March 31. I just bought one for my friend who is recovering from surgery.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i'll start with yes i KNOW i should be exercising. i know. i am trying to find something to motivate me to do it. someway to fit it into my life style. but i haven't yet...let's be honest i don't really feel like it just yet.

that said i have lost 45 pounds so far just watching my calories. i lost the first 40 in about 4 months. gained 10 over the holidays and have lost 15 more since the first of the year.
  • hhjsag1970
    hhjsag1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    that's so hard to do, i base my workouts on when i have my splurges and have been doing gr8, but have a knee issue that is preventing me fr. doing cardio, the doc wants me to have surgery and that will be more down time, i don't know if weight training alone will cut it; if so it will be very slow which is good but i want what i've become accustomed too (lots of cardio)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have lost all of my weight so far through diet alone, no intentional exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!