Dear pavement - A nonrunner's running NSV!

Options
polz7
polz7 Posts: 48 Member
Dear pavement,

When we first met, I hated you. You made me cough, turn red, and generally feel like I was dying. I could handle you for about 30 seconds before throwing in the towel. Well not today, my friend. Today, I set out to take you on for a whole 5 miles, 1.5-2 miles longer than my usual runs and the longest I had ever done. And you know what? Not only did I take you on like a champ (a very slow champ but a champ nonetheless) but when I got back, I decided that 5 wasn't good enough and I kept running, past my house! 6.08 miles in 61:30 - take that, pavement! The longest and furthest I have ever run in my life.

So when I encounter other nonrunners, I will encourage them to keep going, because you know what, pavement? You're not so bad after all.

See you on Tuesday for our next date,
Nonrunner starting to change her mind

Replies

• the_energy
    Options
    Love this post :) x
  • tyrog11
    tyrog11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome post....love the way you wrote it!! Good for you...you made that pavement your biotch! LOL
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And I certainly wouldn't consider 6 miles in 61 minutes "slow" by any means :)
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! That is so fabulous! Congratulations!
  • polz7
    polz7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I can't stop smiling :):) Ah who knew this girl full of excuses could run for an entire hour? HA!
  • melpap12
    melpap12 Posts: 50
    Options
    Very Motivating!
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great post. I think you may be a "runner" now. :-)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome post! Love it! (:
  • bagpuss64
    bagpuss64 Posts: 14
    Options
    this is so inspiring - it gives me hope!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!