Yes I've lost a lot of weight...

Options
I've had a couple of people ask me about my weight loss since I've said a couple of times that I've lost over 100 lbs. Well I've lost
267 the first go round
60 before I came here to MFP and 12 since I've been here.
That's 339, but who's counting!

This is me on March 15th 2004 at 385lbs

front7mcompare.jpg

I had gastric bypass, I thought it was the only thing left. I had tried everything else even an inpatient 800 calorie per day program. I was there 2 weeks, gained 14 the first week and 12 the second. They decided something was wrong so sent me for every test imaginable and still could find no reason for my rapid gains. I did not eat much, had been on calorie restricted diets for years and was still gaining, the only times I ever lost weight was when I was pregnant.

This is me a year later at 118 lbs
littleblackdress%2520006.jpg
I was very sick, in and out of the hospital for a year, had to be scoped several times to have strictures removed over the next 4 years.

In 2009 I was finally able to eat normally again and began to gain weight even though I could only eat small meals and rarely went over 1000 calories per day.

I got back to 285 before I was finally diagnosed with a carbohydrate intolerance (lack of digestive enzymes needed to process carbohydrates).
I started restricting carbs and this is me right around mid October of 2011 at 250lbs
2011-10-15_19-51-48_189.jpg

I've been here at MFP for a month today and I've lost 12 lbs and over 20 inches and am now at 213lbs. MFP has helped me monitor my carb intake and since I came here I've become extremely active and I'm loving every minute of it! When I finish day 10 of 30DS tomorrow, I have some more pics for ya.

Replies

• Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you for posting this, your weight loss story is an interesting one and I want to wish you luck on your MFP journey this time around.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing sista!! Love You!!
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sometimes doctors can be such dolts. I'm so glad they found out what's wrong. My intolerance isnt primary, it's a secondary symptom of IBS (i always feel so lame admitting I have that) and I can't imagine what you must have went through. Congrats on all your recent success and keep it up!!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So glad you were able to find out a solution! That just shows your dedication! You look beautiful in each picture- keep up the good work!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    You're doing FABULOUS! <3
  • charlieduc
    charlieduc Posts: 108
    Options
    Wow what a journey! At least they found the problem. You certainly came to the right place to lose it and keep it off.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for posting! And so glad they figured out the problem. I think some people (doctors included) are too quick to judge that being overweight comes from being lazy and living a sedentary life... obviously they are wrong! Keep up the good work, you are beautiful!
  • oliviaschw
    Options
    It is sad what you have gone through, but you are a brave and strong young lady, you have come to the right place and thank-you for sharing with us all :)
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry you had to go through all that, Im so glad you know what the problem is. Now you can start a new journey losing it and keeping it off. Welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you want. this place is awesome for support!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are inspiring! You never gave up, and that's incredible! Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • wivish72
    wivish72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • pfields4
    pfields4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How inspirational!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Go you! I am sorry to hear you have had to endure so much. But I am glad to hear you are doing better now. Keep up the great work!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    So glad you finally know what was keeping you from losing weight! Your perseverance inspires me, keep it up! You look beautiful.
  • woodstockmom
    woodstockmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you that they found out what was going on. What a tough, tough thing to go through. I can't wait to see your final pictures when you hit your goal weight because I know you will a huge success!!!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    keep it going remember is a lifestyle. good job!!
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    you are doing great, and I am very glad I can call you a friend on this journey!!!
  • prose58
    prose58 Posts: 52
    Options
    Sad that you had to go through all that but wonderful that you persevered. A lot would not and just give up. Shows you the determination you have.
    You are doing wonderfully well.
    Look forward to more pictures of beautiful you.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Your amazing..... Way to go! Very inspiring :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!