sports bra advice

Options
124»

Replies

• tmccallan
    tmccallan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally ironic name, and the BEST sports bras out there - Shock Absorber. No underwire and holds the girls in tight- LOL !!
  • dresser2000
    Options
    bump to follow :)
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DD and a runner. My champion bra I wear has an underwire and when I run it rubs and hurts. What do you larger busted girls wear?

I'm a bit smaller but still get the rubbing on longer runs. Try Body Glide where ever it rubs.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had a difficult time finding a sports bra that would give me the support I needed as well. I actually had to wear a regular bra WITH a sports bra just to keep from hurting them when I ran or did jumping jacks (TMI? SORRY! lol).. I was at Footlocker looking for some new running shoes when I came across this bra. Honestly, i won't lie, it's kind of hard to get on (maybe i bought a size too small, i'm not sure) BUT once it is on, it REALLY supports me very well. It doesn't hurt to wear it, or make me uncomfortable, so I don't think its too small. It is kind of thick, not a flimsy bra at all. Ive attached the link for you. I hope that it helps. Seriously, even though it's like $30 per bra, you won't regret it. I really do love mine.

http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:136924/sku:75833010/nike-pro-core-bra-womens/all-black/black/?cm=TnDdWomensBras#sku=75833417
  • MTredhead
    MTredhead Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im so happy you asked that question!! Im falling out of my DD's. Love being able to read all the feedback. Looks like we've got some shopping to do :)
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You and I are the same size and like others on here I wear two at one time. It actually works beautifully for me and is minimizing.
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im a 34dd and I really like the Wacoal sports bra, it was expensive, about $60 but it was worth it. I went into the store thinking I would not spend over $30 on one, but this bra is that good. I tried on several sports bra including moving comfort and many champion bras before deciding it was the best.
  • talorK
    talorK Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been advised the same bras that keep coming up in the feeds ( Enell & moving comfort) I came across a great article about buying sports bras which really helped me!

it is: http://brayola.com/sportsbrasdd

I bought the moving comfort Fiona bra and I love it! Dare i say i'm excited to go the gym (just so i can wear it!)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Im a 36DD, and the first sports bra I brought last year, I brought the size that I am.. It was miles to big, didnt give enough support, and when I went running, I felt as though I was wearing a normal bra and it was very ouchie! Soo i went out and brought the same sports bra but a size 34D, and it first perfect, and gives awsome support :smile:. This might work better for you.. My sports bra is a Lonsdale one, they probably make there sports bra's fairly big in size =/
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a really nice sports bra like Freya or Goddess, but don't want to spend that kind of money until I reach my goal weight. You definitely want to get the right kind of bra for your level of exercise. I purchased a Lily of France In Action bra at Kohl's for about $20. It's just perfect for my jogging. It does have an underwire, but it is so well padded that I don't even notice it. No jiggling here. BTW - I'm a 36DD.

Seriously check on amazon...the one I use a lot (just ordered 2 more!) Is moving comfort fiona...They're like 50 bucks at my local sports store but I got 3 now on amazon all for under 30$ (Try selecting different colors, all the diff colors are diff prices...weird, but whatever...) it's a great bra....I also used to use the regular bra under traditional sports bra method, but have found with this bra I have absolutely no need to (I'm a 40DD). I thought the 2 bra method worked fine until I ordered a good one lol! I know price can be a concern...but my advice would be to go to a local running and/or sports store and look at their selection D!cks has some of the moving comfort and a bunch of other brands as well...find one that fits, do a few hops to see how much bounce-age there is, and write down the brand/style. Then check amazon lol! Spend 20-30$ on a good bra and stop ruining your every day bras lol!

I read a ton of reviews and one of the biggest pieces of advice I've seen on websites is that the traditional racer back sports bra isnt good for larger chests...and to be honest its been SO true for me...the sports bras I have now have the normal strap style and are SO much more supportive...but no nasty underwire lol! The fiona bra also has super adjustable straps that you can get to from the frotn (they're velcro and you just pull to tighten!) and it works SO well!
  • tkay72
    tkay72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Under Armour compression bra. I am a 38/40 D and it is comfortable and nothing moves either running or jumping jacks
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    same problem, solved by going to a running store and getting a moving comfort sports bra. Or terminator as I like to say

http://www.movingcomfort.com/
  • nicoleh82
    nicoleh82 Posts: 52
    Options
    i wear a high impact bra + a compression bra - stops the jiggling
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *save*
  • AgnesMangles
    AgnesMangles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have an Anita - no underwire but still very supportive. I highly recommend getting fitted by a professional though, and at a specialty bra shop if you have one in your area rather than a department store. For me it was worth paying a little more for something I knew fit perfectly than constantly buying cheap bras that didn't do the job.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38C but hate-hate-hate when the girls are bouncing around when I'm trail running or mtn biking, or any activity really. 10-15 years ago, before there was much research into high-impact support for the girls, I always just wore 2-3 bras. What a pain, literally, and damn was it hot during the summer. I have an Enell from my local running specialty shop but sometimes it makes me feel like I'm in some kind of ancient battle protective wear. :laugh: Plus, it's pretty expensive. My favs now are Moving Comfort Juno and Fiona; very reasonably priced on Amazon. Also, Athleta makes a whole bunch of styles that range from low to high-impact for various size breast, but they're a bit pricier.