Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    "Just ****ing Do It" you will feel much better when you're done (:
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    for me i think about my family ... i would love to live longer with my family .. love to stay healthy ... to stay healthy i need to work out ... find something that motivates you ...
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Workout buddy. I don't want to break plans with people, so I always go even if I don't want to.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

so true , you are so right ..
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started out bribing myself with something that I could only have if I worked out. My snack of choice was skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. It worked out for me when I started and now working out is part of my routine and it is something I really enjoy doing.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love the way I feel after a good workout! Warm up, lift weights, core, stretch, done, feel awesome! Find something that is fun for you! I love skating, my husband loves off road biking and racquetball - make it fun and you will do it. Ballet, yoga, running, burlesque, belly dancing, tai chi, yoga, hiking..
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. I can always come up with good excuses not too... but can never seem to find a good enough excuse to get me there.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Find something you do like that gets you moving.

Taking the dog for a walk keeps me going as I feel guilty if I dont.

That or I take an e-reader to the gym and read books as I work out. Yes I get funny looks but it makes the time pass SO much quicker.

Maybe a group sport? I would love to play badminton in competition but none closer than an hours drive for me unfortunatley :)

Good luck
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have never liked it, and have avoided it like the plague for most of my life. However, once you force yourself to do it for a couple weeks, your body craves it and you start to recognize more and more how much better you feel. You have to tell yourself to just do it for 10 minutes, that is what it takes to give over the initial "I don't want to do it" mindset. You have to make it a part of your day that is not an option, just like brushing your teeth. Schedule a time to do it and just do it...don't over think it.

How your body feels once your stamina gets going is amazing, nothing like it. Not to mention the sense of pride and accomplishment that goes with it as well.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    do something that is a workout that doesnt feel like one.. play a sport ?
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options

This! I just make myself do it. I know I'm going to feel great afterwards (and probably feel terrible if I don't do it).
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Schedule it. Just like you would any other appointment. For me it's first thing in the morning, but that doesn't always work for everyone. But if you have it scheduled, "at 4:00 I am exercising" and just do it, don't let yourself break your schedule, it'll start happening. You might even find after a while that you enjoy it and miss it on days that you take off.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You'll always regret NOT working out, but you'll never regret when you DO work out!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Find something you like to do and do it! Or something you don't hate and keep doing it and it will become habit and you will find you don't feel right without working out.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    it's a matter of creating the habit. give it 2 - 3 weeks of forcing yourself to do it and i guarantee, you won't want to give it up after that. i have the same problem when i go for a period without working out, but once i get back into it, i LOVE it.
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    I think you have to find something that you like to do and that works for you. I am a stay at home mom. I have three girls. 14,6,and 5. Between running a household, homeschooling and all the things in between I had to find a way to get in exercise. I bought an exercise bike and some free weights. When it is breaktime for lunch. I make lunch, clean up and let the girls have recess. That is when I do my 30 min of bike riding. If for some reason I don't have 30 min. I just break it up and do 10 min here 5 min there. Hey something is better than nothing. Every little bit counts.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm in a rut, and also getting over a cold. Motivation has been hard to find this week. Most of the time I'm just motivated by the way I feel after I've pushed myself a bit further in my lifting, or cycling than the last time. I love knowing that I'm getting stronger. Sometimes I don't have those moments and just enjoy being active, getting fresh air, and simply moving. Walking is just as enjoyable for me as a day of good lifting in the gym.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,940 Member
    Options
    If you can get a friend to go with you, you can help each other to do it. Sometimes getting out the door is the first goal you need to reach. A dog can be the world's best nag. Those sweet, brown eyes begging for a walk can make you get moving even when you really don't want to. Have options -- a gym, a place to walk or bike, a sport you enjoy, or a DVD (or set of DVD's).

I used to hate exercise, but now I love it. You can overcome your dislike, too.
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this link will work but this commercial really gives you no excuses! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4QYYWg5n8&list=FLByoXEvyBw4JBkmZOQRW3Yw&feature=mh_lolz
  • shell514
    shell514 Posts: 12
    Options
    I struggle with this myself. I run or cycle for cardio exercise. At first I dread doing it, I force myself to and eventually the good feelings I have when I get finished keep me on track. Make it a routine habit.